Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasvegas

Options
  • 18-09-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

What do ppl think of glasvegas seen them supporting muse at ****** adn got the album pretty good but not all this huge hype the brits media have been going on about such as nme best album of the year!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

they're not bad..... sound way to much like Jesus and MAry Chain tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

yea didnt think so.. ive heard jesus and the mary chain but wouldnt know any of their stuff coudl u recommend a good album or bunch or songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

they are ok, seen them twice this summer, their sound wasnt too good a few weeks ago;) One thing really buggs me though, their drum beat is soo basic. normally that wouldnt bother be, but its the SAME beat for a lot of their songs. people were literally pointing and laughing the second time i seen them.
    I agree, the british media are really pumping them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

The NME put Suede on the cover of their magazine before they'd even made a record, proclaiming them to be Best Band Ever or some sh*te. Not that I don't like Suede, but jumping on a band wagon is all NME ever seem to do. So I wouldn't use that mag as a yardstick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I love the 2 singles I've heard so far[Geraldine and Daddys Gone] but they were just awful at the gig OP mentione, I sense the NME hype machine has ****ed up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Thread on them in Alternative & Indie:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055379833

I love them as they're exactly my kind of thing, but they're not everyone's so ignore the NME and check them out on the net first.

Damn kids - there were no interweb when I were a young 'un and NME were all we had to go on... :mad:

Seriously though, the amount of pocket money I wasted as a 13/14-year-old on albums which I hated but bought on the strength of gushing NME/Melody Maker reviews... :rolleyes:

Advertisement