Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Warhead Release Date

Options
  • 18-09-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I was wondering when Crysis Warhead will be available in Irish Stores. Im not buying on steam so would anyone know when It can be purchased in stores :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I was wondering when Crysis Warhead will be available in Irish Stores. Im not buying on steam so would anyone know when It can be purchased in stores :D

Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I rang around yesterday and today. Gamestop said the 26th of this month!(doubt it) Said that EA ran into trouble and delayed it. Rang game yesterday and they said that they didnt have a release date for it. Rang them again today and they said it would be out tomorrow.
    they seemed definite about it.
    So i presume tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Been trying to call GAME (Galway) but can't get through

Steam are releasing it in 12 hours for $29.99 (€21 + 21% vat?)
    Does anyone know if you can purchase it from steam without having the original game purchased from steam?

I.e. I bought the game last year, is it possible for me to buy Crysis:Warhead off steam and have it run ok?

Edit: Nm, I just saw that warhead is standalone so Im sure it will be fine

Edit2: Got through to game. They said its out tomorrow but they haven't got them in yet and it will cost €30-€35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

thats expensive enough, play shows it going for 21 euro. and thats with their crappy exchange rate thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Krieg wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can purchase it from steam without having the original game purchased from steam?

Warhead is a standalone game.

• Advertisement

right. i dropped into Game on my way home this evening. they said it should be out tomorrow, that have it in the back stores. then they checked the release date book and it said the 26th. im so confused as to when i can buy it. nowhere has gauranteed that it will be for sale tomorrow.

So far that is Gamestop,Smyths,Game that say it will be out on the 26th. And Zavvi said it should be out tomorrow but they dont have it in stock yet.

Oh well. guess ill find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I must purchase a new graphics card, My NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS wasn't brilliant for the first game, I might get the 9800 GTX and an extra 2GB of ram, Should enjoy warhead more then...

just got my hard copt of it there. Bought it in Game on Dawson St. Game in Dundrum werent putting theirs out on the shelf at all today. installing now

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

any prices??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I must purchase a new graphics card, My NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS wasn't brilliant for the first game, I might get the 9800 GTX and an extra 2GB of ram, Should enjoy warhead more then...

you should get a gtx 260 or gtx 280,that would eat crysis alive :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

you should get a gtx 260 or gtx 280,that would eat crysis alive :cool:

It would also eat my pockets dry, It would run any game, I suppose its only that little bit dearer.

Advertisement