Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"UK EPG trick"

• 18-09-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Just stumbled across this. Think it will be of benefit to alot of you, myself included. Anyone tried this "UK EPG trick". Suppose to let you add the BBC/ITV stations to your favourites guide instead of going to "other channels".

To have BBC /ITV on EPG instead of Other channels if you don't care for Sky3.

Make sure card correctly inserted.
    Go Sky News 501
    Press interactive
    Wait for it to load
    REMOVE CARD.
    Press Backup till interactive is exited.

UK EPG without Ch4 and Five will load.
    Sky3 won't work.

ITV/BBC can be added to Favorites and work on guide.
    To return to Irish EPG and working Sky3 simply remove and insert card properly. No "magic" sequence.

It takes a minute or so for an EPG to load.

If anyone has tried it can you let us know if you can know check ahead in the guide to view what is on these channels at a later time as this currently cannot be done from "other channels". Also, now being in the guide can these stations be recorded with Sky+. Not at home at the moment so cannot check myself.

I am not sure if these will add the channels to your favourites and still be there we you re-insert your viewing card. I presume thats how it works, not sure but.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

thats great....il try tonight if i get a chance but will prob be twm or the weekend.did you try it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

This trick has been mentioned several times on this forum. Sky+ recording will not work, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭deffin

This is an old "trick" and is mentioned in one of the stickies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Ahhh the old the upside down trick.
    Whatever next ?
    Folks might even start sticking British cards in Irish boxes.
    Now that's worth a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Does anybody know if this actually works yet ? (getting the BBC/ITV channels to remain in favourites and be able to view the next days programmes if you re-insert the viewing card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ok, I tried this and I dont think that it works. Once I reinserted the viewing card all the favourites had been deleted. With the card removed ITV3 etc could be moved to the favourites but as I said they all deleted once the card was reinserted. Not much use that. Hopefully someone will have better luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

redout wrote: »
    Ok, I tried this and I dont think that it works. Once I reinserted the viewing card all the favourites had been deleted. With the card removed ITV3 etc could be moved to the favourites but as I said they all deleted once the card was reinserted. Not much use that. Hopefully someone will have better luck.

Once you put the card in, the box reverts to Irish EPG. This trick is only of use to people using a sky box for FTA channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dgently

Once you put the card in, the box reverts to Irish EPG. This trick is only of use to people using a sky box for FTA channels.

Correct. I still don't understand why C4 is not present on the UK EPG in these cases. It's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

i just have them tuned in as 'other channels' on my SKY Box. same difference, right?? five is the one i really want, though I know that's not possible

Advertisement