Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet PCTV

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Good to hear it works for someone . .. .still don't work for me direct connecting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fn211

I can't get this working either. I can logon with user name and password and see the list of channels available, RTE One, RTE Two, TV3, Se & MTV but when I click on any of them I get the error "This Channel Is Currently Not Broadcasting" So I don't think this is a firewall thing as I'm getting in ok. I have a magnet IP 87.198.31.** and I'm connected to magnet on a fibre optic connection. I think this service is just not broadcasting so any fob off from magnet using firewall, connection type graphics card, updating media player all the usual BS is just a fob off. Why do they advertise something that just isn't broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Ok I got this to work but not with the help of Magnet Support (who had me jumping thru hoops for weeks until I just gave up.... )

I then realised I had a really really long network cable which connected my pc to the wall and tried replace it with a shorter cable. Once connected over the shorter cable it worked first time.

Maybe try that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fn211

Yeah tried to get some help from magnet entertainment support but they just dont reply to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

I've been trying to get this organised on my own laptop for ages, they didnt reply to my email with username and password so I rang them and they gave them to me but its still not working.

Like other users its coming up as "This channel is not broadcasting". I dosconnected the wire from the router and hooked it directly in to the laptop as a previous posted mentioned however its STILL not working......

No point in ringing Magent as they are most unhelpful although in saything that, I was glad to hear they are open now until 9pm for customer support..... for all the help they give.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I registered to PCTV today and have not got any username and password for the client. How long does it usually to take to obtain these, i thought it was automated process (have checked spam folder also)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

finnteme wrote: »
    I registered to PCTV today and have not got any username and password for the client. How long does it usually to take to obtain these, i thought it was automated process (have checked spam folder also)

I registered yesterday and got an email this morning/noon.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

finnteme wrote: »

If you dont get a mail by 11am tomorrow give me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks Rory, and btw so far im very impressed ab. the speed of my Magnet broadband, just got it today, so lets hope that it will stay as fast it is today :)

NB: Private email sent to Rory, no pw received

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 schrute_farms

Does anyone know if there is PCTV software for linux based OS?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Does anyone know if there is PCTV software for linux based OS?

Thanks!

We dont have one that works with linux at the moment.

However we are days away from launching a browser based PCTV service.

If you would like to PM me I can give you more detail and maybe a test account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 anarion

I found a solution in my PC. It was a problem with graphics card (NVidia). You just need to find the right driver for your computer. I checked Samsung netbook with Intel graphics chipset - and it worked straight away. So that's how I found out the problem in my main computer. Cheers Jerry

Advertisement