Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poultry Vet for sick chickens

Options
  • 18-09-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hey there, Im finding it hard to find a vet that will take a hen... I live in Kildare/Dublin, any suggestions?

Also, one young bird has diarohea with some blood in the stools but she is picking up a little. The rest (5) have sturdy stools, this one is the only culprit and they are bright yellow!

Today my welsummer has a closed eye and foam coming out of it.. could it have been a peck, has anyone experience this with their flock?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Maybe try contacting the DSPCA? I think they have some poultry there so may know of a vet in the Dublin area that could help you, good luck, hope your hens will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try Bairbre OMalley in Wicklow...she deals with birds,reptiles and exotics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I handled chickens since i was 11,i came across chickens like this too.
    the yellow in stools is the liver (i think). what do you feed them?
    also had a chicken with froth etc, happened to a few chickens actually and i think they all recovered after giving them some boiled potato skins and warming the chicken up. tlc. were they subject to any cold or damp?
    anyway im not a vet just experience.
    hope you find a vet.
    In my area when growing up only dealt with cows... nearly killed my cats cos he was so un-hygenic and told us to go home whenever we had some goat kids ill! didn't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Mnay thanks, Bairbre O'Malley takes Hens! Thanks so much for the replies guys! x

Advertisement