Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 for honor at end of S4?

• 18-09-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Anyone know if S3 gear will be available for honor at end of S4?

Got enough honor now for full S2 set.

Wondering if I should wait and get S3 set instead.

Also what will happen to honor and arena points when LOTLK comes out?

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Why would you bother getting the Season 3 gear when it's just going to be replaced in about a month with WOTLK gear? Spend all you have on Season 2 gear now and try get some Season 4 gear from doing arenas. Everything you have now will be redundant about a week after WOTLK release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Thanks for that .. not going to be on much before Nov 13th which is why I was going to wait ... read somewhere that LOTLK gear will not replace 70 epics until lvl 74-5 drops/rewards ... you seem to think it will ... anyone else think likewise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'd imagine some of the lvl 71 blues will put pvp epics to shame, same with kara/ZA stuff too.

Personally id keep the honor, as you need some stupid ratings to get some of the brutal stuff like shoulders and weps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

It looks like BT/Sunwell gear will keep us well geared until we get lvl 77 blues so im happy enough with that.

Brutal gear looks like it will be fine till around lvl 76.

Kara gear maybe 74 because theres so little stamina on it.

OP, you can always save your honor for the LvL 80 pvp rewards in WOTLK but you cant save arena points because as soon as you level past 70 your current points will be set to 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

One of the first guilds to clear Naxxramas 2 did it in T6 gear, so it will still last a good while. Wrath gear will focus more on haste rating, so the other stats on high end 70 gear will be good for up until the first raid.

Also on the OP topic of arena gear, Id imagine that Brutal Gladiator gear will become honor gear at the end of S4/the release of WOTLK since High Warlord gear (the top PvP gear pre-BC) became honor gear that didnt need the top rank after BC was launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i doubt the step up from TBC gear in WOTLK will be anywhere as big as the jump from vanilla wow to TBC.. i think they changed alot of stat values at the same time when they introduced the expansion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

According to this looks as if BG honor, marks and arena points are resetting pre WOTLK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

hk797 wrote: »
    According to this looks as if BG honor, marks and arena points are resetting pre WOTLK.

Arena should rightfully change when you hit 71, as you're into a different tier of play, same with BG's - new gear to purchase, athough - there's a limit to the amount of honor you can stack away with BG marks (as you can only hold onto 100 of each, which turned in for honor only yields approx. 34k in honor, & honor has a limit of 96k.

All seems very fair & above board to be honest, as those who've been 70 for so damn long would have an unfair advantage. I like the idea though of providing ways to spend them, as this mean people are not going to 'lose' hard earned marks/honor.

Advertisement