Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shortage of Sky+ boxes?

• 18-09-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I've been waiting a few weeks now for a retailer to install Sky+. Was just talking to them and they say there is a shortage of boxes and they cannot get enough to satisfy demand (about 10-15 per week). Thought I had ordered in plenty of time for the start of the football season but have missed/will miss some big games. Been over a month now with the wait for the card. Anyone hear anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I ordered 3 weeks ago. The cards arrived inside a week, install the next day. Must have eyed about half a dozen sky+ boxes in the guys van backed up to the front door. Maybe they are just busy at the moment, possible holidays in august now a backlog possibly built up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm not aware of any shortage

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks, not that there was much I could do about it but just wanted to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

Neither am I. 10 to 15 per week is not demand, it's a tiny trickle.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tony wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any shortage
    No shortage with our suppliers anyway.

As an aside, it must be the first time I've seen Sky+ installations now well outnumber standard Sky installs. I guess it'll just be a matter of time before a standard box will not be offered as a new installation (maybe just for Multiroom).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

It's the same here Byte. We're finding with the special offers that customers are now starting to go for 2 Sky+ instead of Std as Multis, or HD with Sky+ as a Multi.

Advertisement