Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Chinese visa question

• 18-09-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

HI All
    I plan on applying for a chinese visa tomorrow
    I see their office is open from 9-12 daily

Just wondering how long the process of applying takes... is it a few mins to hand in the papers or could i be there for several hours?

(Need to know how much time to take off work)

Also what about the pickup process - is this instant or does it involve long queues?

I know that trailfinders will apply on your befalf -- but not sure if they are worth the €35 Fee and 2 x Registered posts... is it worth the money?
    Would rather keep the €50 and spend it on my hols!

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

The queues shouldn't be too bad now with the Olympics over, but get down there at 8.30 and you can be sure you'll be first in the queue to save yourself taking unnecessary time off work. Once you have all the paper work in order you'll be in and out in a matter of minutes, provided no queue of course! There's only one little window so its pot luck really as to queue.

Collecting the visa is even easier. Go up to the collection window, where there should be no queue, with your cash and receipt in hand and you'll be out in 2 minutes.

Happy travels - China is amazing!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi Ideo
    Thanks for your post!
    Think i'll def vist myself and save the €50 that i'd have to pay trailfinders to do it on my behalf!

And you pay for the visa on collection- interesting concept...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Have you gone up to the Embassy yet?
    Will be heading up there myself in the next day or 2 so am wondering what the q (if any) was like.

Also is the fee still €30? (for the 5 day turnaround).
    It says so on the website for the Embassy but the site doesn't appear to have been updated for a while.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Was up there this morning. Got there at 8:40, there were 4 people ahead of me. By 9 there were about 12 people in the q.
    Got seen at about ten past 9, so if you were in a rush for work I would suggest getting there for 8:30. (As mentioned above this will mean you will be first in line).

They took the form, passport, a copy of my train tickets into China and copies of my accomodation bookings. They did not take a copy of my flight details out of China for some reason.

For anyone that will be applying in the next few days please take note that the Embassy will be shut On Oct 1 - 3 inclusive.

Advertisement