Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Burnout Paradise expansion now online

• 18-09-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

For free, you get bikes, a day/night cycle, weather changes, and nearly 100 new onlines challenges, for free.

Did I mention it's free? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

deise59 wrote: »
    Did I mention it's free? :)

Looking over your message there, i don't believe you did!

Why, is it free? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Is it free? :pac:
    Its EA Published so there has to be some catch to it.

I kinda wish that i didnt trade this game in now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks for the heads up, just started playing that game :), Will deffo grab the expansion :)

Nick

Edit: Yes its free, Download size is 445MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wait, you need a live subscription to download the update??? :( Mine just expired a few days ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just to let you all know that this is free....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Off Topic: Fracture Demo is up aswell for anyone interested.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Off Topic: Fracture Demo is up aswell for anyone interested.
    Dling now :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Also downloading that now, jumped off my chair to go turn the xbox on to get it as soon as I read that :D

The Burnout Paradise expansion is following it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Awesome. I've had the game for awhile now but only started getting into it this week - looking forward to bikes! Though given that the cars do not have drivers, will the bikes not have riders on them? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm sure they will, otherwise it'd look just a little strange!

• Advertisement

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm sure they will, otherwise it'd look just a little strange!

The cars themselves not having drivers looks pretty strange too, but I guess they wanted to keep the age rating down so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Been playing it for a few hours now, and been loving it so far. The bikes handle really well and it adds a great new dimension to both offline and online too. The weather seems a bit insignificant really, i've yet to see rain, so the only difference I've seem so far is the odd bit of fog here or there.

The day/night cycle is a good concept yeah, but I've been struggling getting to grasps with the night racing. There are less cars around yeah, but I've found it significantly harder than normal day-time races. Thankfully its fully customisable (as in, you can have days be 24/48 minutes long, 1/2/24 hours long, or even have it set to current time programmed into your 360. Better yet, you can also just have it constantly set on Sunrise, Midday, Sunset or Midnight)

So all in all, two thumbs up to Criterion as far as I'm concerned. To give this kinda stuff away (for free :)) is really top notch.

Oh and on the point of bike riders, they are there, but the automatically disappear when you crash. Understandable I guess, to keep the ratings down. Anyway, theres no emphasis whatsoever put on crashes when you're on the bike. There are no burnouts and no takedowns, it's just all about getting as fast as possible from A to B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So this new update....how much does it cost?

So this new update....how much does it cost?

Hadn't you heard? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Does this update include the Clancey update as I never got that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

anyone dl this? What's the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I downloaded it last night and it corrupted my DLC for Paradise ( had the cagney update). Didnt think to check the DLC for other games, it better not have messed them up!
    Gonna give it another go later

grizzly wrote: »
    anyone dl this? What's the verdict?

The bikes are a nice addition - you get two starting off and I think there are only four (cause the total cars number changed from 75 to 79). They are very fast, but don't have boost. One disappointing fact was that the bikes have their own (new) events - you cannot use them in all the races/stunt runs, etc but still you essentially get even more new content that way. The weather cycling is nice (though I've only seen fog so far) but driving at night is very difficult - can't see a thing. Overall though, a great update for free, so no complaints here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

J-blk wrote: »
    The bikes are a nice addition - you get two starting off and I think there are only four (cause the total cars number changed from 75 to 79). They are very fast, but don't have boost. One disappointing fact was that the bikes have their own (new) events - you cannot use them in all the races/stunt runs, etc but still you essentially get even more new content that way. The weather cycling is nice (though I've only seen fog so far) but driving at night is very difficult - can't see a thing. Overall though, a great update for free, so no complaints here.

Yeah I found night driving a b!tch, not enough street lighting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

This is the kind of thing i can get behind, a free update to a game that gives you some extra hours at what would otherwise have been sitting on your shelf for ever.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Could someone post here when this becomes available on Silver.

You can only use 48 hour gold passes for playing multiplayer, it seems.

Advertisement