Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Connecting an audio input to a car radio?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not even sure this is the right area to be posting this!

Anyway, I have an integrated car stereo in my Mazda 6. There is a slot for a mini disc player, which is not being used (covered up). I was wondering if it's possible to get access to this and get an audio input lead so I can hook up my ipod directly into it.

Does anyone know if this is possible, before I start messing about with the panel.

I already have a radio frequency gadget, but it's great, especially with the overcrowded FM frequency table in this country!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Halfords sell a kit that allows you connect your Ipod to the car radio. It enables you to use the existing speakers and radio controls for volume etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got one of these for my Honda Accord (now transferred to my CRV). Works brilliantly - had it for about two years. The seller I got it from is no longer trading but after quick search for "ipod mazda" on www.ebay.co.uk I found this which looks to be identical seller has excellent feedback too. Better check if it's compatible with your headunit though - maybe email the seller a photo.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement