Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car stuck on Luas tracks

Options
  • 18-09-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this today?
    Image025.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Sorry for double post, computer is acting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Whereabouts is this?

Joyrider?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One way to avoid paying for parking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭techdiver

A person like that should never be allowed to own or drive a car ever again!!

Fool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mustn't have been able to find anyone to help with a push-start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

It looks like a good fit, she just misjudged the rails. Let the air out of the tyres and I bet it would run nice on the rails. Your own personal luas.

Near Blackhorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I've seen this a few times at Blackhorse before - people turning on to Davitt Rd take the wrong turn, drive thru' the platform and on to the tracks, although I have to say I think it takes a very special ;) kind of person...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

spadder wrote: »
    It looks like a good fit, she just misjudged the rails. Let the air out of the tyres and I bet it would run nice on the rails. Your own personal luas.

Note automatic assumption in post..... :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

*Prays to God it was a man* :p

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    *Prays to God it was a man* :p

It was:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Good on you Arse! Very quick with the camera, any info? I presume it was stolen...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

whats the problem boss, sure the hazards are on aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Well at least one drunken Garda has tried to drive the wrong way on it. It think a senior Garda drove up the green line the wrong way at Charlemont and got away with it but can't find the bloody article
    Irish Times:
    Last Updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 17:27Ex-garda loses licence after drink-driving incident
    A 27-year-old garda who injured an inspector's finger when he drunkenly drove up the Luas line in the wrong direction was today disqualified from driving for two years.

James Keaty, from Earls Ford Court, Lucan in Dublin resigned from the force 10 days ago after the conclusion of an internal investigation.

At the Richmond District Court in Dublin, he pleaded guilty to charges of drink driving, reckless endangerment, escaping custody and driving without tax.

Judge Mary Collins disqualified him from driving for two years, endorsed his licence and fined him €300.

She also fined him €500 for not having tax on his black Alfa Romeo car.

Counsel for Mr Keaty, Kieran Kelly, said that his client had sacrificed his career as a result of the incident.

Mr Kelly also told the court that Keaty had suffered from depression and had been on medication for a number of months because he was feeling a bit low.

Judge Collins, in imposing her sentence, said she had to bear in mind the medical evidence and also the fact that his resignation from the force was probably a harsher penalty than what the court was imposing.

"I had to believe there is some reason for being so stupid but I think he's paid a high price," she said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

an eventful day it seemed all round in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wonder if they were sitting in the car thinking....

'What's that shiney metal thing coming straight at us?!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It was:(

He was a clutchie so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

actually off topic but has anyone seen those amazing street performers at the top of grafton street? proper quality. gave 2 euro today for their efforts, each. very very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So what if it was?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is it December 8th again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Was it not a stolen car that the kids just left there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

kmart6 wrote: »
    So what if it was?!

All that traffic, those tiny roads with cars everywhere! I would imagine its stolen kmart... This, however, is just someone who can't drive.

back.jpg

front.jpg

Advertisement