Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamestop or xtravision?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Which is generally better for trade-ins? There are a couple of games out this weekend I want - crysis warhead, witcher and force unleashed, so I want to offset the cost with a couple of console game trade ins, some old but some pretty new.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,416 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've found xtravision usually give the best prices. No harm in trying both though and going to the one that gives the best value. you could even ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Xtravision by far are better for trade ins, Gamestop are rip off merchants IMO. Although gamestop tend to have a better selection of games than Xtravision do relative to were you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Yup, Xtravision usually give better trade in prices and have lower priced new games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

XtraVision by a mile, Gamestop don't have prices, they just have instructions:
    Step 1, Please bend over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

lol, consensus is pretty clear so - Xtravision it is. I'm glad, as Xtravision is just around the corner, but Gamestop is in the next town and would require a 15 minute drive if the savings were worth it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

I dont know about trade-ins, but Game is cheaper than gamestop at every turn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

At least Gamestop have a small 5% student discount. GAME only have that crappy 2.5% loyalty card scheme, it feels like im never filling it up with credit no matter how much money I spend.

Advertisement