Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro threads

Options
  • 18-09-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

I know it's probably not possible anyway, and maybe I'm the only one who gets two pages into a thread before happening to notice that I'm reading posts from 1871, but is there any way of flagging threads that started 54 years ago and have only recently been dug up again? So at least you're warned before you succumb to the stench of the decomposing rantings of yesteryear?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MOH wrote: »
    I know it's probably not possible anyway, and maybe I'm the only one who gets two pages into a thread before happening to notice that I'm reading posts from 1871, but is there any way of flagging threads that started 54 years ago and have only recently been dug up again? So at least you're warned before you succumb to the stench of the decomposing rantings of yesteryear?
    Get in the habit of checking the date.:)

If youre in the habit of hanging around paranormal its a habit you develop. Things rise from the dead there all the time.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What on earth have you been doing that's bringing up threads from 1971? I'm just curious more than anything else. I don't have anything against flagging older threads because I've seen people berated for innocently falling into the trap of responding to an interesting thread that just happens to have died a death a long time ago.

Perhaps you could just read the date of the last post before you open the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

What on earth have you been doing that's bringing up threads from 1971? I'm just curious more than anything else. I don't have anything against flagging older threads because I've seen people berated for innocently falling into the trap of responding to an interesting thread that just happens to have died a death a long time ago.

Perhaps you could just read the date of the last post before you open the thread?

I've always felt this necro posting was a double edged sword to be fair.

Post a topic, get slated as it's been covered in depth before.

Search for a topic, post in the thread, and get blasted for necro posting... Kinda lose/lose sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Buy a time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Oh man, I remember the 1970s.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i always make a point of checking the date of the started thread...

dates and times are important to me.

never know when you'd want one for an alibi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Huh? I never mentioned anything from 1971?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

You could start a new thread with "I found (zombie thread X) but it didn't answer (question Y)".

And I'm pretty sure most of the posts from 1871 were burned during the Easter Rising, unless my history is a little off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Onikage wrote: »
    You could start a new thread with "I found (zombie thread X) but it didn't answer (question Y)".

And I'm pretty sure most of the posts from 1871 were burned during the Easter Rising, unless my history is a little off.

Indeed it is! I believe you are thinking of the census condained in the Doomsday Book, written by Nostradamus, which was first published before the esablishment of the free state in 1914 at the beginning of the start of the 100 years Boer war! Glad I could clear that up!

Advertisement