Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X box keeps putting of router

Options
  • 18-09-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

i`m with eircom and have an eircom router,it works fine untill i put on my xbox 360, then my internet goes off for a few mins then comes on again, i have a 3mb connection so it should b enough for both machines,it wasnt like this all the time just happened about 4 months ago..and even when im playing live on my x box now and again i lose connection,i have the x box connected with an ethernet cable(i had a wireless conection for the x box ,though i took it off as i thought that was the problem)...strangely enough though when i do unplug the eternet cable out from the x box with no connection at all and just put the x box on the router still loses connection..??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What are your line stats, are you sure your line is capable for that speed? Many people who have the cutting off connection is due to eircoms free upgrades, if the net cuts off even with no xbox attached it is probably the line cant work with those speeds

Nick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

so let me get this straight, it drops when its connected via wireless and ethernet?
    Do you run into problems if you do alot of downloading on the pc?

If it only does it when the xbox is connected it might be worth upgrading the firmware for your router

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

No it downloads fine..my wife has a laptop and it does`nt disonnect with that and its wireless its just now and agin when it disconnects it(with the x box when its turned on)..i just turned it on there an hour ago i got disconnected now its working ok ,so i got the x box360,the laptop and the pc going everthing is grand.its just when i switch on the x box that it disconnects evertime though ten-fifteen mins later they work grand..someone told me it could have something to do with the dsl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Cabaal wrote: »
    so let me get this straight, it drops when its connected via wireless and ethernet?
    Do you run into problems if you do alot of downloading on the pc?

If it only does it when the xbox is connected it might be worth upgrading the firmware for your router

yeah at the same time eircom put me up to 3mb upgrade,though it was happening before this..i done a speed test and im on about 2700 kb/s, and my upload is 260 kb/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

cobraeire wrote: »
    yeah at the same time eircom put me up to 3mb upgrade,though it was happening before this..i done a speed test and im on about 2700 kb/s, and my upload is 260 kb/s

That does imply it's a problem with your line though I have no idea why the xbox would cause it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement