Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force Unleashed

Options
  • 18-09-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Would you buy it on 360/PS3 or Wii?

Better graphics or Wiimote lightsaber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

360 Version for me although I would be tempted by the Wii version if I had one. The game is supposed to be quite average according to reviews. I love Star Wars so Ill give it a shot nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I read the reviews but, it's Star Wars and you get to play the first level as Vader with all the force powers. That's gotta be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Don't forget the Duel mode on the Wii! I'm still gonna go with the 360 version, but I might get the Wii one, if I see it cheap sometime.

The versions are quite different, the story is the same but the structure of the levels is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm still pissed that they're not bringing it out on PC, come on, the DS and not PC ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got the full game yesterday.

Lads. Its bloody unreal. So much fun. The first level, well prolouge
    The one with Darth Vader and all his powers.
    is breathtaking and there is just so much action going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Got the full game yesterday.

Lads. Its bloody unreal. So much fun. The first level, well prolouge
    The one with Darth Vader and all his powers.
    is breathtaking and there is just so much action going on.

What are you playing it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Is their any online play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Got the demo for the 360, it felt really emotionless, They should have put loads of combos and acrobatic moves, And also a full customization of your character.

Elem wrote: »
    Is their any online play?

Nope and all the better for it IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I'm still pissed that they're not bringing it out on PC, come on, the DS and not PC ?!

Lucasarts have a history of PC hating in recent years.
    the brilliant Xwing/Tie fighter/X wing alliance PC games get dumped for the dumbed down Rogue Squadron series on "teh consolezz".

Jedi Knight/Jedi Knight 2/Jedi:Academy(which actually did have loads of combos and acrobatic moves, And also a full customization of your character). gets sidelined for this...

...meh

• Advertisement

There is a PC version coming out. It was announced a few weeks ago.

Anybody care to share what Price this is retailing at High Street wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tried the demo twice now and both times I've only lasted 10 minutes before boredom and the controls got to me. Nowhere near as good as Outcast/Academy on the PC. Also, it's the little things i miss, like the ability to powerup/off your lightsaber.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Also played the demo. Take away the nice little physics of the force grip and you are left with an extremely average action game. In fact, I remember my little cousins brought the Episode 3 game over a few years ago. They loved it (all being less than 10), so I gave it a go when they got bored. It was terrible, as I'm sure you may all have guessed.

When I played Force Unleashed last night, I was immediately struck by a sense of deja vu. The combat is boring and uninvolving, I tried one or two combos but found tapping square three times would dispatch these cardboard cutouts just as quick. I'm also struggling to see where the amazing graphics are, it looks about 5 years old and nothing like any "next gen" title. Sure I had some fun tossing tie fighters around the docking bay, ooh more stormtroopers who provide no challenge whatsoever, but the force grip was nearly as frustrating as it was fun. Its hard to target the right object for a start, then maneuvering it through space while you get pelted by blaster fire is pointless. Running in circles tapping square is just as effective.

I think its probably the hype that surrounded this game that has me more miffed than anything. I didnt really follow it, but it was always talked up on every site as promising to be an evolution of the star wars games. I'll stick with the Jedi Knight Series thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm torn between the Wii and the 360 version. I really should get it on Wii as I have no games to play on it at the moment and loads for the 360.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    There is a PC version coming out. It was announced a few weeks ago.

Anybody care to share what Price this is retailing at High Street wise?
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/08/scoop-the-force-unleashed-is-coming-to-pc/

Not anymore, seemed nvidia made another "mistake", as they did with final fantasy

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The demo was unbelievably dull, couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

Any review of it that I've read has read like a 6/10 review given a higher score just because it's Star Wars... (EG's for example)

Damn SW nerds!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got it on the Wii today.
    Was going to get it for the 360 but the demo put me off.
    I really only got it for the wii for the motion controls and the duel mode.

Motion controls are good, just not as "free" as I expected i.e. you don't swing the remote like a lightsaber.......still great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm enjoying it on the 360, 3/4's through it now. Gameplay is very ordinary, force powers / music / sound are excellent, this is a Star Wars game afterall!

I rented it for a week and im having mixed emotions about it. One minute I love it thinking its brilliant and the next minute im cursing my brains out from frustration (EG. The bringing down of the Star Destroyer).

Im on the last level and I must be only hitting the 7hours mark. Very Short. Story is great IMO as it fills in some plot details of what went on between EP III and EP IV. Some familiar faces in it aswell. Pity they couldnt use the same voices though.

It is very short, but the story is pretty epic. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some super frustrating parts. Now I'm trying to get more achievements out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

yeh i rented it for a week aswell but iv finished it already! was great for the most part but some of the levels were mad frustrating! i liked the way they tied the story in so well

One annoying thing I found was that certain enemyy A.I had their acts the same time you were getting up from been knocked to the ground. It makes gameplay very frustrating on the Harder difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Playing through it a second time after finishing
    it with the bad ending, going to fly through it again with my new getup & with all my powers intact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its the best kind of rental... short and lots of fun to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Halfrican

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I rented it for a week and im having mixed emotions about it. One minute I love it thinking its brilliant and the next minute im cursing my brains out from frustration (EG. The bringing down of the Star Destroyer).

Im on the last level and I must be only hitting the 7hours mark. Very Short. Story is great IMO as it fills in some plot details of what went on between EP III and EP IV. Some familiar faces in it aswell. Pity they couldnt use the same voices though.

Its so true, I got the same feeling bout the game aswel. Played it on 360 & wii, much better on the Wii i think cuz you can get the lightsaber attachement n u look like such a badass! "We can defeat him together master!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Bought this last Friday, have passed it twice since.

I really like this game. The gameplay is nice if you put the effort in to learn the combos (similar to God of War and Devil May Cry). The soundtrack is awesome, like most Star Wars games and the plot ties the trilogies together very nicely.

What I didn't like was its length; it is way too short (shorter than Uncharted!) There are also some issues with bugs (sometimes a stormtrooper won't be injured by Force Lightning as he is 'frozen') and as already stated, the locking system is atrocious.

However, even with these faults, I still want to play it.

Not one for purchase for most people but I still will give this a 7.5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Praetorian wrote: »
    Playing through it a second time after finishing
    it with the bad ending, going to fly through it again with my new getup & with all my powers intact :D

you get to keep your upgrades on a 2nd playthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Headspin wrote: »
    you get to keep your upgrades on a 2nd playthrough?

Yup, just hit Continue instead of New Game! It would be pretty crappy otherwise, you'd never unlock the better moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I liked it, then again it could be a game of shovelling crap with a lighsaber and i'd love it because it has a lightsaber. Story fiited in well with the s.wars universe, altho was'nt shakk ti killed by grievous? so manyways to kill its ingeious. anyone find the black saber crystal, its the onlyone i can't find.

Found these codes on gamefaqs

OSSUS All databank entries unlocked
    EXARKUN All force push ranks unlocked
    ADEGAN All saber throw ranks unlocked
    MASSASSI New Combo
    FREEDON New Combo
    SAZEN New Combo
    LUMIYA New Combo
    MARAJADE Unlocks a New Combo
    LIGHTSABER Unlocks Deadly Saber
    KATARN Unlocks Maxamum Force Powers
    DANTOOINE Unlocks the Ceremonial Jedi Robes
    HOLOCRON Unlocks the Jedi Adventure Robes
    WOOKIEE Unlocks the Master Kento Costume "The Apprentice's Father"
    MANDALORE Unlocks the Rahn Kota Costume
    KORRIBAN Unlocks the Sith Stalker Armor

• Advertisement

The black lightsaber crystal is in the last level,
    it's on top of one of the lasers near the top of the room where you use the wind lifts (the last room before the final bosses)

Advertisement