Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Queensland

Options
  • 18-09-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to the Great Barrier Reef in november, I would like some advice on where to go and what to do please.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I suppose it depends on your budget… car hire, train, bus.
    I drove from Brisbane to the north and it was great. Some popular spots are: Australia zoo (Steve Irwin’s place); Glass house mountains, rainbow beach, Hervey bay and the amazing must see Frasier Island. I went off into the “Darling Downs” and visited places like Toowoomba... which was ok but not that interesting, except for the wine estates :D Never made it as far at the Reef :( Highly recommend Brisbane as a city to see… relaxed and fun with really nice ppl, much better than Sydney I thought – but I am probably in a minority on that opinion.

Advertisement