Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New x6

Options
  • 18-09-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

My father is after landing home with one and i think its vile :confused:

It looks like one of those borderline ugly 2 seater BMW roadsters, jacked up 4ft in the air with a k.u.g.e. set of wheels squeezed under it. (i cant wait to see his face when he has to put tyres on it :rolleyes:)

Hes always been an audi driver and i cant understand why he changed to BMW at this stage? The Q7 is miles better looking than the x6.

I was trying to convince him to buy that S8 that someone posted on here a while back, it was a demo with one of the garages in Dublin. Beautiful, classy car. What he has now is a contradiction on wheels.

Anyway, not sure what the point of the post was apart from having a little bitch so there goes...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Bendihorse wrote: »

It looks like one of those borderline ugly 2 seater BMW roadsters, jacked up 4ft in the air with a k.u.g.e. set of wheels squeezed under it. (i cant wait to see his face when he has to put tyres on it :rolleyes:)

Hes always been an audi driver and i cant understand why he changed to BMW at this stage? The Q7 is miles better looking than the x6.

I was trying to convince him to buy that S8 that someone posted on here a while back, it was a demo with one of the garages in Dublin. Beautiful, classy car. What he has now is a contradiction on wheels.

Anyway, not sure what the point of the post was apart from having a little bitch so there goes...

every man to his own tbh.... i want everyone to buy these wreaks so i have more work. Fact. :|

well

not really

i dnt care , if it lasts, let him enjoy it, if not, gimme a shout, ill fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Ya, they're fairly ugly for sure!
    Doesn't matter what he always drove, it's always good to get different makes and models.
    The Q7 might be better looking, but I'd prefer to say less offensive looking, as it's no beautie either. Both of them are fairly pointless machines. What engine in the X6 by the way?
    I was trying to convince him to buy that S8 that someone posted on here a while back, it was a demo with one of the garages in Dublin. Beautiful, classy car.
    I'd say the S8 is a lot more expensive than the X6 though.
    He'd have been better off with a 535d really, or a 4.2 TDI A8 if the budget was stretched (a lot).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I didn't even ask what engine is in it, i know its going to be diesel and if theres a range of engines its most likely the mid power one. Pointless machines is right. I wouldn't mind but we have a few more pointless machines around here that will be coming idle over the next year with the state of the economy!

Someone posted an add for a S8 ex demo model that was on carzone a while back, think they were asking around 100k for it. It would have been worth stretching the budget for something rare and classy like that (besides its not hard stretch an extra little bit when its through the company and your going on finance anyway, if ya ask me)

The Q7 is less offensive alright but really they are all the same. The sooner the 4x4 fad dies out the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I saw one last week and I couldn't believe how ugly it really looks.
    It reminded me of that honda that was jacked up on big wheels and drove over bubble wrap in the ad for it.

In saying that you should have a look at the episode of fifth gear for a few weeks back (its either episode 2 or 4, I've checked the rest).
    They thought it was horrendously ugly too but thought it was great to drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I saw one a few weeks ago. It looked like the headroom in the back was quite restricted. Is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I didn't even ask what engine is in it, i know its going to be diesel and if theres a range of engines its most likely the mid power one. Pointless machines is right. I wouldn't mind but we have a few more pointless machines around here that will be coming idle over the next year with the state of the economy!

Someone posted an add for a S8 ex demo model that was on carzone a while back, think they were asking around 100k for it. It would have been worth stretching the budget for something rare and classy like that (besides its not hard stretch an extra little bit when its through the company and your going on finance anyway, if ya ask me)

The Q7 is less offensive alright but really they are all the same. The sooner the 4x4 fad dies out the better.
    I assume it has only 2 options for the diesel, both 3 litre, one single turbo the other twin turbo. The twin turbo one is one of the best diesels on the market, but it's far easier to appreciate it when it's in a 3 or 5 series! Still - look on the bright side - he has it now, so you may as well comfort yourself in the fact that it's probably the best handling SUV's out there. (Which is kind of like saying Mary Harney is the best looking Taniste we've had!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

lol, could think of worse cars your father could bring home! I remember the day my Dad arrived home in a Talbot Salora:

image023.jpg

It had such features as electric windows and wheel covers (which we fitted). And it was such an improvement over what we were coming from that we referred to it as, the 'luxury liner'.

So, how's that X6 now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Has anyone notice the huge number of X6 commercials advertised on Carzone, there must 30 on there, all 3.0 litre twin turbo diesels.

Advertisement