Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anyone know the opening hours? Would love a BK, haven't had one in agessss but won't be down til later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Does anyone know what time they shut today (sat) at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Had a look for a sticker near the entrance (having remembered people in the thread wondering what time the placed closed) but no joy I'm afraid. I'd imagine they wouldn't close any later than Penney's/Dunne's, maybe its possible to find the closing times for those places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fruity

the opening hours are the same as dunnes so nearly sure thats 7pm every evening except thursday and friday when its open until 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I thought I'd check if it was on their website - but they only list their UK branches.

But you have to have a look at this - they have a branch location map of the UK.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

burgerkings.jpg

What have we allowed into the west of Ireland?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

gary82 wrote: »
    I thought I'd check if it was on their website - but they only list their UK branches.

But you have to have a look at this - they have a branch location map of the UK.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

burgerkings.jpg

What have we allowed into the west of Ireland?! :(

Supermacs will fight back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gdam restaurants are as big as cities :eek:

They've no toilets in there wtf?? Isin't that illegal?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They've no toilets in there wtf?? Isin't that illegal?

Thought there were toilets in the old Kylemore:confused:

galwayrush wrote: »
    Thought there were toilets in the old Kylemore:confused:

There was, up the stairs at the back. This door is now locked, staff only. Asked a member of staff and they confirmed that there's no toilets available.

Unless there's some loophole that they can get away with it because there's toilets downstairs in the shopping centre - but you have to pay to use those. So if you need to take a p1ss/wash yer hands while visiting Burger King - you're pot out of luck, or go downstairs and pay for public toilets that have nothing to do with BK

Disappointed :(

• Advertisement

There was, up the stairs at the back. This door is now locked, staff only. Asked a member of staff and they confirmed that there's no toilets available.

Unless there's some loophole that they can get away with it because there's toilets downstairs in the shopping centre - but you have to pay to use those. So if you need to take a p1ss/wash yer hands while visiting Burger King - you're pot out of luck, or go downstairs and pay for public toilets that have nothing to do with BK

Disappointed :(

Annoying. I reckon anywhere that serves food / drink should provide toilet/ wash facilities.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Annoying. I reckon anywhere that serves food / drink should provide toilet/ wash facilities.

I thought it was a legal requiriment tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I thought it was a legal requiriment tbh

Some of other places do seem to have 'em, but I think it's only required for places that are licensed to serve alcohol.

I can't agree that the ones downstairs have "nothing to do with BK" though: BK pay rent to the complex, just the same as the cafe downstairs, and the milkshake "place" ;-) further along the mall, etc. Part of the deal is that their customers have access to the shared toilets. Yes, the customers have to pay - welcome to Europe! (Apparently Ryanair are considering pay-toilets on their planes, too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Who gives a fudge about toilets. Finally we got a burger king. I stand by my previous comment much nicer than Charcoal grill

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I stand by my previous comment much nicer than Charcoal grill

I commend your stance, if we didn't have people who were so wrong in society we wouldn't have the enjoyment of debate...! ;)

I commend your stance, if we didn't have people who were so wrong in society we wouldn't have the enjoyment of debate...! ;)

I hear ya, gotta hate the corporations...how their all corporationy. Burger King = more flavour. I like Charcoal grill, its just not as good. Kettle Of Fish is better than Charcoal too. Burger King rules all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Had a whopper meal yesterday, simply devine..........that is all!

I hear ya, gotta hate the corporations...how their all corporationy. Burger King = more flavour. I like Charcoal grill, its just not as good. Kettle Of Fish is better than Charcoal too. Burger King rules all

I wasn't talking about them being a big corporation at all :confused: - talking purely about what tastes best! :)

Who gives a fudge about toilets

Um, anyone who wants to wash their hands before/after handling their food and/or needs to take a p1ss maybe??

You may go around with your hands pretty all day, but mine could usually do with a scrub before grabbing my food. And afterwards yer hands to be so greasy they could do with a clean as your hands would just slide off the steering wheel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I personally felt slightly violated after eating there. €9 fpr a Double XL whopper (no sauce,pickles etc nothing, for some reason bland as anything) Got Cheese Jalapeno Bites aswell (€1.95 for FOUR! and there small!) and a regular coke was more like a small... I was not impressed. Still , went, tried it, won't be back.
    And as mentioned above one of my friends found the lack of toilets a bit odd. Considering they used to be up the stairs when it was the Kylemore from memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

Tried the double angus burger a few days ago - was not disappointed! the wallet was left feeling a bit sore afterwards though. bk does the best burgers of all the fast food joints imo

Um, anyone who wants to wash their hands before/after handling their food and/or needs to take a p1ss maybe??

You may go around with your hands pretty all day, but mine could usually do with a scrub before grabbing my food. And afterwards yer hands to be so greasy they could do with a clean as your hands would just slide off the steering wheel :pac:

I ate there and drove home afterwards..didn't have that problem. Try the serviettes? They don't cost anything. Also I clean my hands after using the toilet or if their particularly dirty. I don't usually go into the city centre with my hands covered with ****.

Anyway it was more an attempt to emphasise that I don't care about a bathroom as long as we have a Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I ate there and drove home afterwards..didn't have that problem. Try the serviettes? They don't cost anything. Also I clean my hands after using the toilet or if their particularly dirty. I don't usually go into the city centre with my hands covered with ****.

Anyway it was more an attempt to emphasise that I don't care about a bathroom as long as we have a Burger King.
    I'd be with John on this. Just think about what you touch before you'd get your hands on any food at all -- escalators, door handles, ATM buttons and money and lots more. There was no mention of having one's hands necessarily covered in $~@!.

Napkins are grand but won't remove grease from yer paws. See the problem is that my hands to be filthy after I ride into town on me horse :pac:
    Yeh fair enough, next time i'm in BK and I need to p1ss, i'm doing it against the bin in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

majiktripp wrote: »
    I personally felt slightly violated after eating there. €9 fpr a Double XL whopper (no sauce,pickles etc nothing, for some reason bland as anything) Got Cheese Jalapeno Bites aswell (€1.95 for FOUR! and there small!) and a regular coke was more like a small... I was not impressed. Still , went, tried it, won't be back.
    And as mentioned above one of my friends found the lack of toilets a bit odd. Considering they used to be up the stairs when it was the Kylemore from memory.
    I got the double whopper meal at the weekend and it was overloaded with extras, I thought the regular drink was at least as big if not bigger than McDs. Where's the Texan whopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

i know this was mentioned before but does anyone know what are the opening and closing times for bk in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The shopping center closes at 7:30pm and BK is closed by then anyway.

Melty wrote: »
    ....bk does the best burgers of all the fast food joints imo

Ah this poor kid hasn't had a Mix Quarter Doner Burger with cheese from The 'Grill!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

mixed doner "burger" isn't a burger - it's a kebab in a bab:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ah this poor kid hasn't had a Mix Quarter Doner Burger with cheese from The 'Grill!
    I haven't been there in ages. This truly sounds like the pinnacle of human achievement and I'll be getting one next time I'm in the parish. With burger sauce of course.

Advertisement