Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Burger King is coming to Galway?

I heard a rumour about a year ago that one was going in across from the Hospital. NUIG refreshers goody bags had loads of Burger King vouchers and a few months back I noticed a Burger King sign up on one of the bus stops in Eyre Square.

Anybody know anything?

Please God no. Galway is already filled with enough sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

cL0h wrote: »
    Let me see if I get this right...
    TKMAxx sells last years knocked down labels and sports wear and is popular in Sligo and Limerick as well as being much loved by English chavs.
    And some of you can't figure out why it's not in Galway?
    Everybody shops in TKMaxx. You can either pay 3 or 4 times what the clothes are worth or you can buy it next year in TKMaxx for double what it's actually worth.

Most these shops don't make it into the centre of Galway anyway. Their all in the outskirts. With responcible planning and encouragement for local business it wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feck all those greaser places - what I want is a Maoz
    http://www.maozveg.com/

Veggie food at it's best! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

biko wrote: »
    Feck all those greaser places - what I want is a Maoz
    http://www.maozveg.com/

Veggie food at it's best! :)
    I wonder why haven't I heard of that.

Is there any veggie place in Galway???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Burger King is the best fast food outlet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

they've all tried plenty of times and been blocked from it by some of the many interest groups around the town.

One of the rumours about BK: The owner of the building Logues is in has supposedly tried to put them in there before, only as Logues have been a tenant there for so long he/she was legally obligated to renew with them. dunno if there's any accuracy to this, it's just one of them many rumours i've heard; but they all have the same common theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gaoithin

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Is there any veggie place in Galway???
    Yeah, Food for Thought on Lwr Abbeygate St.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

same beef pumped with water, nice!!
    burger king and mcdonalds, pump vegetable oil in them!
    KFC.. chickens fed with a major amount of growth hormones, cheap nasty and not good

Anything to back those claims up?

I'd like to see a BK or KFC open here, I do love my junk.

I never heard of TK MAxxx before this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

TKMAxx sells last years knocked down labels and sports wear and is popular in Sligo and Limerick as well as being much loved by English chavs.

Tk maxx isnt that bad. some of the stuff is last seasons gear and it's marked that way while other stuff is regular stock. if you're willing to do some rooting you can get some good stuff there.

i bought a pair of vans there for 50 quid only to see the same ones but a different colour in origin in town for 100 quid. And i buy jeans there as they're cheaper than most places for jeans.

economies of scale people...

That said there is a lot of utter crap there, and every trip wont yield anything worth buying. i once sean jeans there with a life size pic of tupacs head on the arse. and leopard print mens jeans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

TK Maxx is a load of crap. It opened in Cork a few weeks back and all the sheep went running in to what is really a designer Penneys. That said, I don't have the patience to root through all the crap in the hopes of finding something decent.

One of the things I missed when I was living in Galway was Burger King. It really really is win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

DRakE wrote: »
    Burger King is the best fast food outlet.

In N Out Burger is probably the best Fast Food outlet I've eaten at

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Actually, no.

Galway isn't so different from either of those places, it's just bigger - seems head size has increased as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ScumLord wrote: »
    Everybody shops in TKMaxx.

Ahh, no. We don't.

I got lured in there in Dublin once. Bad, bad mistake. Not planning on going back. Urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I thought there was was a TK Maxx in Galway when I was there 98-03...

Even Tullamore has a BK and I love the Bacon Double Cheese Burger....

KFC is the ultimate hangover food, awful when 100% sober

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

efb wrote: »
    KFC is the ultimate hangover food, awful when 100% sober

Nail on the head.

I'd eat a bucket of it when I'm hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I had never eaten in KFC until a few months ago. A couple of friends kept ranting about how they were going to eat an entire bucket or something. I started expecting a half decent chicken joint. We got there and I was disgusted. Crappy portions of greasy sick looking chicken with the regular dose of poison of coke and chips. The chicken was just ****. All I heard as I sat there was 'Oh my God it's so good,' I wanted to inflict serious pain on the ****ers. So I went and got a full chicken from a shop and ate that instead.
    Fast food is all horrible muck and the less of it around the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

double bacon xl cheeseburger. nyom nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Its OHM NOM NOM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Caliden wrote: »
    double bacon xl cheeseburger. nyom nyom nyom

The actual sex!

Even after a full roast dinner I'd still go for one right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

MattKid wrote: »
    we don't need another supermacs

Exactly,

There are six of them in Galway City and then you have another 2 in close proximity in Oranmore and Spiddal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

well guys im in the process of going about a feasability study of introducing sonic burger a american company into ireland, ive made contact with the company and im talking to them about giving me a master franchise for ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You are bringin a redneck's drive-in to Galway?

Should fit in pretty well...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

well guys im in the process of going about a feasability study of introducing sonic burger a american company into ireland, ive made contact with the company and im talking to them about giving me a master franchise for ireland.

Forget that, get on the KFC or BK bandwagon.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I went to kettle of fish for the first time on saturday. That's where I'm eating from now on. Won't be getting the "1/4 pounder" again though it was tiny.

Fish looks good though will try that.

I would be more interested in a 24 hour McD drive through though. On my last trip I was thought how to eat McDs properly by Americans. The trick is to order 2 big macs and a meal.
    Every country I've ever been too has had a 24 hour McDs drive through and the best thing about it is, you have a valid excuse for pretending to be a car at 4 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

i was living i fairbanks alaska a few years ago, and it was about 4 in the morning i was pissed drunk, got my pushbike and went to the 24 hr mcdonalds, as it was drive through only i went up to the intercom and before i could say anything this african american guy says it aint happening brother, i gets into a big arugment with him over the intercom with the result that the cops were called and i was towed bike and all off to the local cop shop for the night, so no it would not be good to have a 24 hr mcdonalds in ireland:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

A Piizza Hut would be nice, KFC just has greasy chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

ScumLord wrote: »
    I went to kettle of fish for the first time on saturday. That's where I'm eating from now on.....

Bizarre. I was there on Sat night/Sun morning for the first time too. I was after a feed of pints. I got a curry chip and 2 battered sausages. Hit the spot.

I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭con71

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Bizarre. I was there on Sat night/Sun morning for the first time too. I was after a feed of pints. I got a curry chip and 2 battered sausages. Hit the spot.

I'll be back.
    Where's Kettle of Fish? Never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

con71 wrote: »

Across from Buskers, there is one in Gort as well, yum yum food

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

con71 wrote: »
    Opposite Buskers on Cross St.

I had an awesome cod and chips there a few weeks ago and one last week where the fish was overdone by some distance. Generally, all I've heard of the place is good things though.

Advertisement