Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

also, kettle of fish is the galway home of the battered mars bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

ScumLord wrote: »
    I would be more interested in a 24 hour McD drive through though. On my last trip I was thought how to eat McDs properly by Americans. The trick is to order 2 big macs and a meal.

2 big macs and a meal!?!? Just how big are you?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chele

why would the freshers get vouchers if there isnt a burger king even in galway??? sounds so silly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

s_carnage wrote: »
    2 big macs and a meal!?!? Just how big are you?? :D
    I won't lie, I'm a big lad but I was also very, very drunk. Weird thing is I lost weight while I was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

chele wrote: »
    why would the freshers get vouchers if there isnt a burger king even in galway??? sounds so silly

It makes me sad that all those vouchers are floating around and they wont be used. I want vouchers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

chele wrote: »
    They got vouchers for Papa Lazarou's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

You must know your junk food if understood this Thread title.

Anyway, Burger King and KFC are both moving into the recently closed Kylemore restaurant in the Eyre Square Centre. I heard that it will be divided into two seperate units.

KFC is the ultimate greasy hangover cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

sad news for galway, the grossest most unsatisfying food ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

ErnieBert wrote: »

Anyway, Burger King and KFC are both moving into the recently closed Kylemore restaurant in the Eyre Square Centre. I heard that it will be divided into two seperate units.
    Hardly? Both of them right next door to each other? That would be strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Expect them both in the soon to be redeveloped Galway Shopping centre as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

galwayrush wrote: »
    Expect them both in the soon to be redeveloped Galway Shopping centre as well.
    when the above has completed in 15 years :D
    money has run dry for this redelopment seemingly.i hope these two fast food kips dont come. i want sushi bars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Uuurgh......... Can't stand whatever spicy coating they put on the KFC chicken, won't be paying them a visit any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

futura123 wrote: »
    when the above has completed in 15 years :D
    money has run dry for this redelopment seemingly.i hope these two fast food kips dont come. i want sushi bars

The money has run dry for the Crown developement in Mervue. The GCC will be going ahead as soon as all the planning details are sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

i want sushi bars

now there's an unsatisfying food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Source?

The source was a semi drunken conversation in Myles Lee last Saturday night with a stranger who knows someone else who overheard it from two lads in Busker Brownes.

Both chains are operated in this country by the one franchisee who often places them side-by-side such as Liffey Valley and Mahon Point (Cork).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

KFC has to be the worst Fast Food place I've ever eaten at so should it come here I'll avoid darkening it's doors.

Few times I've eaten at Burger King it's been fine but can't anticipate eating much there at all.

To be fair it was inevitable they'd come here eventually:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

They should open Pizza Hut as well - never enough fat people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

WooPeeA wrote: »
    They should open Pizza Hut as well - never enough fat people. :rolleyes:

I resemble that remark! :D

It's not unusual for several fast food outlets to be put in one area of a shopping centre - think of US "food courts" in their malls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The Kylemore restaurant was not exactly a palace of luxury either. At the end of the day it was a fast food restaurant, more expensive than BK, and just as grotty. And I am sorry, but it was grotty. The one in dublin is no better.

Any-where where the clientele have to carry trays needs a crack squad of cleaners otherwise the place does become grotty, and tbh BK and KFC are quite good cleanliness wise, IMO anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fey! wrote: »
    I resemble that remark! :D

It's not unusual for several fast food outlets to be put in one area of a shopping centre - think of US "food courts" in their malls.

US food courts? You want to get a bus to Dublin and see how it has changed.

Ilac Centre - Food court
    Jervis Centre - Food Court
    St Stephens Green - Food Court
    The Square tallaght(Do not go there) - Food Court - Incidentally you will not see more fat people in one place than there.

In most of these places there are actually signs to the "Food Court". Oh how we have changed.

mmm Popcorn chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hardly? Both of them right next door to each other? That would be strange.

Not totally strange, they the same company..

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

The source was a semi drunken conversation in Myles Lee last Saturday night with a stranger who knows someone else who overheard it from two lads in Busker Brownes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

futura123 wrote: »
    sad news for galway, the grossest most unsatisfying food ever.

I disagree.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can has Bacon Double Cheeseburger?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

WAHHAAAAAY!
    Moved to galway 3 yrs ago from dublin and have seriously missed these two!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Depressing news...both KFC and burger king are evil. Yer better off eating cardboard. Soon we'll have an obesity problem as bad as Scotlands

• Advertisement

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Depressing news...both KFC and burger king are evil. Yer better off eating cardboard. Soon we'll have an obesity problem as bad as Scotlands
    Are they removing our free will?

Advertisement