Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kylemore was the biggest dump, the state of the bathrooms!

I do remember when it opened first being brought there as a treat by my Granny, I don't know if it started out better or if we just had lower standards. I'm glad something's going there but I wish it wasn't two multinational chains!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

syklops wrote: »
    US food courts? You want to get a bus to Dublin and see how it has changed.

Ilac Centre - Food court
    Jervis Centre - Food Court
    St Stephens Green - Food Court
    The Square tallaght(Do not go there) - Food Court - Incidentally you will not see more fat people in one place than there.

In most of these places there are actually signs to the "Food Court". Oh how we have changed.

No food court in The Square, at least there wasn't up to 3pm yesterday....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ErnieBert wrote: »
    The source was a semi drunken conversation in Myles Lee last Saturday night with a stranger who knows someone else who overheard it from two lads in Busker Brownes.

Ah, I see you get your information from the same source as Galway First.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Ah, I see you get your information from the same source as Galway First.:D
    In fairness, if it's in Galway First, it was probably lifted from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ErnieBert wrote: »
    KFC is the ultimate greasy hangover cure.
    Not if it's in a shopping center that closes at night. Only eat in them once or twice no big whop. If I have to go to someplace like that MaccyD's double quarter pounder is the best burger available for the price.

I'd like to see a pizza hut in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Robbo wrote: »
    Are they removing our free will?

Did I say they were? If people want to eat sh!te, off with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wouldn't mind seeing a Burger King in Galway tbh, anything that might deter people from dragging me into Supermacs must be a good thing I reckon... Burger King isn't that bad for a fast food place, the beef seems good and the salads have some sort of semblance of freshness. KFC is evil, rank, dirty crap though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

cornbb wrote: »
    KFC is evil, rank, dirty crap though.
    For the most part, yes. But popcorn chicken is made from breasts of awesome coated in win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

I heard a rumour from a guy that sonic burger were coming to galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Burger King isn't that bad for a fast food place, the beef seems good and the salads have some sort of semblance of freshness.

Yeah. A generally good burger. frankly when it comes to fast food - with the exception of some decent fish and chips places - in Ireland the chains are better than the locals. Native Irish burgers from Paddys Burger Place leave a lot to be desired.

KFC is crap though.

• Advertisement

I heard a rumour from a guy that sonic burger were coming to galway.

Ted: "Hey, don't eat the bun, just the meat"
    Randy: "Its part of the burger, Ted!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Anyone have any evidence here?

Seems like an awful lot of rumors going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i will believe it when i see it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

asdasd wrote: »
    Yeah. A generally good burger. frankly when it comes to fast food - with the exception of some decent fish and chips places - in Ireland the chains are better than the locals. Native Irish burgers from Paddys Burger Place leave a lot to be desired.
    I don't think that's true anymore. There are allot of fine Italian chippers around the country the standards gone up allot from the stuff that was around even 5 years ago. The prices in them are just stupid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I hope this is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Fast food joints do most of their business evening/night time - when the center will be closed. We need a nice wholesome healthy foodie place. Maybe even a veggie one :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

ScumLord wrote: »

I'd like to see a pizza hut in Galway.

Believe it or not but it actually changed it's name to Pasta Hut. It's only temporary ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Robbo wrote: »
    I can has Bacon Double Cheeseburger?

yes plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Fey! wrote: »
    I resemble that remark! :D

It's not unusual for several fast food outlets to be put in one area of a shopping centre - think of US "food courts" in their malls.
    There is. Good malls have some kind of 'areas' inside, designed very carefully. I mean the good ones. Usually clothes shops are located beside each other (at least on same floor), restaurants are located beside (common tables etc.)...

Even on the streets, look at the Headford Road. There's Aldi, Lidl and Tesco almost beside each other. Same with Curry's, Argos etc.... It's not an accident. It's all made to 'manipulate' the clients like you and me.

Why they do that? Simply..

1. Stores that are owned by different chains have to compete with each other. So, they make lots of sales, promotions, sometimes aggresive price policies (especially Lidl and Aldi). Clients are happy because they can buy cheaper, so they can spend more (so stores are happy), and if they spend more - the government is happy as they can get more taxes from us. So everyone is happy.

2. Clients has a choice without moving his/her ass too much.

3. Common parkings - less of space (they save lots of money - real estates are expensive recent days), greens are happy etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I heard a rumour that a branch of the Dirty Burger is opening here soon too. Deeecent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mixer101 wrote: »
    No food court in The Square, at least there wasn't up to 3pm yesterday....;)

Ditto 3pm today. And there are big bright blue signs saying "retail lease available", that I don't think were there last week.

And stop to think a bit lads: operations like KFC and BK make a lot of money selling c*&# to people too drunk to know better. Very doubtful that they're going to go into a shopping centre that's not accessible at night. Even more doubtful that the Eyre Square centre is going to risk their security by opening up at night to you lot when you're toasted.

So I suspect this isn't a high quality rumour.

JustMary wrote: »
    Ditto 3pm today. And there are big bright blue signs saying "retail lease available", that I don't think were there last week.

And stop to think a bit lads: operations like KFC and BK make a lot of money selling c*&# to people too drunk to know better. Very doubtful that they're going to go into a shopping centre that's not accessible at night. Even more doubtful that the Eyre Square centre is going to risk their security by opening up at night to you lot when you're toasted.

So I suspect this isn't a high quality rumour.

Don't be so sure, the only branch of KFC in Limerick is in a shopping centre that doesn't close very late. There's a big market among fat families and greasy faced teens as well as people with late-night beer hunger.

Having said that it is probably just another rumour, BK/KFC threads tend to pop up here fairly regular-like..

What this town really needs is a Nando's. I lived 50 feet from one in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

What this town really needs is a Nando's. I lived 50 feet from one in England.

You sir speakith the truth ..!!! Peri peri chicken is simply fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

You sir speakith the truth ..!!! Peri peri chicken is simply fantastic :D

Oh god yes - the best fast food out there, hot peri peri chicken with spicy chips - heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

This is great all galway needs now is for virgin/zavi to open up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I use KFC / Burger King for hangovers only or when i'm drunk. There's no way i'm going into the centre of town, finding a parking space, walking to a busy shopping centre just for a KFC/BK - I'm just gonna drive down to Kebab House, park right outside* on the double yellow lines, stop traffic*, obstruct the footpath* to get my greasy slop :D

* May not actually do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

Nooooooooo [and fade]

Smelly KFC and BK is not good for Galway. The ketchup riddled wrappers will be everywhere. And more and more fat children will clog up our schools! :p

I have never enjoyed a burger from BK. Not even after a night out. The chips are truly skank.

Nandos is way too expensive for the food you get. I actually like McDonalds and along with Supermacs ("keep it country!") I think Galway has enough fast food restaurants.

A city without a KFC and a BK is a damn good tourism advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Fast food joints do most of their business evening/night time - when the center will be closed. We need a nice wholesome healthy foodie place. Maybe even a veggie one :eek:
    We need Maoz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

biko wrote: »
    We need Maoz

Or In-N-Out

Advertisement