Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

futura123 wrote: »
    sad news for galway, the grossest most unsatisfying food ever.

Perhaps, but Burger King is always nice quality food, compared to the **** they make in McDonalds. KFC always confuses me because my local one is consistently empty and has been for the last several years and yet it remains open throughout. Its nice food I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say i'm a big fan of KFC.
    Their Chicken is fantastic but the rest of their food is pretty mingin (chips, beans , corn etc..). Zinger Burgers , Hot wings , Chicken buckets mmmmmmm
    Sundays on the couch just got a whole lot better (if it's true).

McDonalds in my opinion is the worst of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

wouldnt mind if they came to galway, for drunken meals, but i dont think charcoal will ever be avoided after a good night out!

galway needs a wagamama, it is the ultimate in asian food. yumm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I have to say i'm a big fan of KFC.
    Their Chicken is fantastic but the rest of their food is pretty mingin
    Ever notice how these big chains have one thing they do really well, and everything else was more or less just plastered on afterwards? Like McDonalds, they do a decent big mac, KFC with the chicken, Subway with the classic sub etc. I've yet to find the secret of Supermacs however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    wouldnt mind if they came to galway, for drunken meals, but i dont think charcoal will ever be avoided after a good night out!

galway needs a wagamama, it is the ultimate in asian food. yumm!

Domnick St. is deadly for drunken munchies - First of all Kebab House, then accross the road for a Chineese :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

kfc is the best fastfood

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sea Devils wrote: »

Nah, what we really need is GBK. Despite the on-line location list, they reportedly do have branches in Liffey Valley, Temple Bar and Belfast now.

No so much for the burgers, nice though they look, as the beverages. Goodness only knows why bars stocking international beers cannot get NZ stuff into the country, but a burger joint can!

What we really need is one of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

JustMary wrote: »
    Nah, what we really need is GBK. !

Gotta say despite my fondness for In N Out GBK actually looks really really good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WAsnt there a GBK across from Antony Ryans?

EXCELLENT news about BK if its true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Not sure if it was GBK but it was definitley gourmet burger.

What we do need is popeyes, but I'll settle for kfc mmmmmmmmm Chicken:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

the guy i was talking 2 in a pub was full sure that a sonic burger was goona start up in galway within the next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

the guy i was talking 2 in a pub was full sure that a sonic burger was goona start up in galway within the next year.

Was it TheDude2008 by any chance?. Going by this thread he seems to know more about it then anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Pizza Hut is taking over Godfather's Pizza.

I think Galway has enough fast food places. If it doesn't stop somewhere it will be like America with fast food places plastered everywhere. As said before, I think it's a great advertisement not to have a KFC or Burger King in your city/town.

KFC serves up pure slop, anyone who buys any form of chicken in a KFC restaurant should be made aware of the content of what they are eating and also the measures involved in it reaching their plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I see the Buger King is up advertised upstairs in Eyre Square. Looks like it's deffo coming ..I didn't see the KFC part though as I DIDN'T HEAD UP STAIRS. Anyone know when it's opening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I see the Buger King is up advertised upstairs in Eyre Square. Looks like it's deffo coming ..I didn't see the KFC part though as I DIDN'T HEAD UP STAIRS. Anyone know when it's opening ?

Aye I saw that last week, I havent properly read the posters so Im not sure about the date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I see the Buger King is up advertised upstairs in Eyre Square.

I'm sure that's just wishful thinking on your part :pac:

Burger King should be open in about 6 weeks. No signage/posters about KFC though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Nice. Now we will have to use to the new Golwegian type of beauty.

http://www.ecollo.com/image.axd?picture=FatMcDonaldsFinalVersion.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mustard sh!ts allover all of the chains/franchises listed when it comes to a good burger to be honest.

Also, BK burgers are the best of the fast food chains.

They use the best meat and dont add a whole lot to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Oh yes they do. My mom's friend works for some government body responsible for testing quality of the food in the restaurants.

You don't wanna know what did they find in that meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Boooohooo two multinationals are moving into Galway, how could they do this to us?...we are the cultural elite of Ireland!

Galway is so annoying sometimes what with the brusties, beggers and bloody protests every five minutes.

I swear next time i'm trying to buy something and I hear a pile of idiotic 30something year old women screaming boycott Israel non-stop for 3 hours one of them is getting a slap.

I ordered an Israel soccer shirt last week, going to have "stop palistinian terrorism" printed on it and run around chanting the Israeli anthem and such sometime just to piss them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thank you KFC! Got to love those hot wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

BK will be opening on approx April 6th according to source in the Eyre Square Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

ok so bk is opening in galway oh no what ever is going to be next????

multinationals are everywhere now, im just surprised that they didnt move here sooner.....its just going to be bk moving here not kfc, and according to the signage "its going to be opened sooner than you think" (they make it seem like something out of a bad horror movie.....

like some people, i would be delighted to see better and healthier food shops opening, but thats not what sells!!!so obviously they are going to go for the greasy stuff that sells....

as for it not being opened at night, i dont think thats going to deter them, i work in dunnes in the shopping centre and a few of the staff there are excited about the prospect of going there for lunch....it will prob do good there with staff in the shopping centre (much like dunnes do with their hot food bar....still greasy food)....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Oh yes they do. My mom's friend works for some government body responsible for testing quality of the food in the restaurants.

You don't wanna know what did they find in that meat.
    I hear they grind up urban myths, douse them in conjecture and inject them into burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Galway is so annoying sometimes what with the brusties, beggers and bloody protests every five minutes.

I swear next time i'm trying to buy something and I hear a pile of idiotic 30something year old women screaming boycott Israel non-stop for 3 hours one of them is getting a slap.

I ordered an Israel soccer shirt last week, going to have "stop palistinian terrorism" printed on it and run around chanting the Israeli anthem and such sometime just to piss them off.

I am going to have Hugo Boss make me a proper SS uniform, then plan to march up and down shop street with my tank of calor gas looking for Israeli soccer supporters

Otherwise I plan on dressing up as a surgeon brandishing a scalpel with the intention of making sure that any of the aforementioned Israeli soccer fans are 100% Jewish in accordance with scripture <snip> <snip>

I believe that's called checkmate my good man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I never knew human chess was so complicated.

*mono* wrote: »
    I am going to have Hugo Boss make me a proper SS uniform, then plan to march up and down shop street with my tank of calor gas looking for Israeli soccer supporters

Otherwise I plan on dressing up as a surgeon brandishing a scalpel with the intention of making sure that any of the aforementioned Israeli soccer fans are 100% Jewish in accordance with scripture <snip> <snip>

I believe that's called checkmate my good man

I'm cut, so no need for the scalple.

where as I was making a political point you're just an anti-semetic idiot.

I hope Hitler rapes your and your family in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

I can't wait for a Bacon Double Cheese Burger!:D

Advertisement