Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Seaneh wrote: »
    I hope Hitler rapes your and your family in hell.

Thats a bit strong mate. From where I'm standing, all he did was make a slightly ridiculous retort to your slightly ridiculous proposal. Fair game IMO. Calling him antisemetic and saying what you said isn't very nice. Anyways weren't we talking about BK and KFC??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seaneh wrote: »
    I hope Hitler rapes your and your family in hell.
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Always with the Hitler rapings in here oiiiiiiiiiiiii back in my day people had respect for one another. Now they drive around in SUV cars kidnapping families and what have you!

More to the point I'm not a big fan of Tapas or Crepes but I never begrudged them opening up in Galway, people that are against BK and KFC are just snobs. Just don't eat there and quit your whining. I know this is an opinion site but I was hoping the thread might be more informative than people saying crap food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

I hate KFC & BK! Not bothered about them opeing here tho. I'll just avoid them..
    Dunno about calling Galway the cultural elite of Ireland!

Wouldn't mind a Big Kahuna Burger. Look so tasty in Pulp Fiction.. mM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Haven't read through the whole thread but are KFC definitely also moving into the Eyre Square centre where Kylemore used to be? When I passed it was covered in Burger King signs but no KFC signs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

KevR wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread but are KFC definitely also moving into the Eyre Square centre where Kylemore used to be? When I passed it was covered in Burger King signs but no KFC signs :confused:

Apparently not. Though I thought there might have been room for both in a daytime-only environment.

But KFC announced last week that they're going on a massive expansion project. I'd be surprised if we don't have one somewhere in Galway soon. Preferably somewhere that's open after 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Was'nt there a KFC years ago, were supermacs is now in salthill?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

toxick wrote: »
    Was'nt there a KFC years ago, were supermacs is now in salthill?

No, that was Wimpy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

why is everyone going crazy about a place "kfc" when by law they can't even put chicken in the name of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

why is everyone going crazy about a place "kfc" when by law they can't even put chicken in the name of the place.

Because it tastes so damn good. No matter what they have in there, it tastes devine. It's the only reason I love passing through Limerick. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

I love "C"...and lamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WELL97

I cant wait for KFC in Galway, its sooo unreal!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

O RLY?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

he he he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

KFC is the most bland and unsatisfying thing i have ever had this misfortune to eat. Only ate it one time in Canada because my friend wanted to go there.
    BK is alright but i will always go to charcoal grill.....awwwww so good!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not actuially true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

How come? I don't get that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

WooPeeA wrote: »
    How come? I don't get that post.

It was going around for a while about a year ago that KFC wasn't allowed to use chicken in their menu, name etc as there wasn't a high enough percentage of chicken in their chicken. But if you ever enter KFC or even look on their website the word chicken is everywhere.

It was the same person who started the rumour about Ronald McDonald being gay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

KFC is the most bland and unsatisfying thing i have ever had this misfortune to eat. Only ate it one time in Canada because my friend wanted to go there.
    BK is alright but i will always go to charcoal grill.....awwwww so good!:D

choose your next words carefully persian..

I must be one of the only people in Galway that things Charcoal grill is crap. Kettle of Fish is better and in my opinion BK's Angus burger tops them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I must be one of the only people in Galway that things Charcoal grill is crap.

How very dare you! The Grill is beyond reproach. Kettle of Fish is delicious, especially on a Saturday night.

As an aside, I love the way that about 50% of posts in the Galway forum relate to fast food and/or Charcoal Grill:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    How very dare you! The Grill is beyond reproach. Kettle of Fish is delicious, especially on a Saturday night.

As an aside, I love the way that about 50% of posts in the Galway forum relate to fast food and/or Charcoal Grill:D
    I get paid in elephant leg shavings every time I mention here how much I enjoy a kebab after pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

hrm...what about Scotty's for proper burgers? (one in Ballybane, and one in student village on Headford Rd).

Their list of varieties is enormous, plus I also like Eddie Rockets for burgers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Robbo wrote: »
    I get paid in elephant leg shavings every time I mention here how much I enjoy a kebab after pints.

Just been to charcoa; grill after pints - nyom nyom nyom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Just been to charcoa; grill after pints - nyom nyom nyom! :D

one of the first things i'm doing when i get back home.

ronnie3585 wrote: »

I'll admit after drink its probably the nicest thing ya can have. Its nicer than a roll or Supermacs but when your sober its garbage. And I've heard so many people say their Taco fries are the best and I think they are sick...Kettle of Fish all the way baby! And soon Burger King! Wooooop!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I've heard there are signs up at the Kylemore Cafe in the Eyre Sq centre that Burger King is going in there. I couldn't be more :D about this!
    April will also see the opening of a new Burger King outlet in the Eyre Square Centre, bringing 35 jobs into the city. The fast food chain in famous for its Whopper, as well as the bacon double cheeseburger and chicken royale. The 130-seat outlet will be the first Burger King branch for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's great news guys. Well done. Nothing like a good Whopper. Sligo lost theirs a year ago I think. :(

Enjoy. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

From the City Tribune, 10 people looking for each job
    Up to 400 job-seekers turned out yesterday for open interviews being held for positions at the new Burger King store..
    The fast food giant is one of the few companies offering jobs at the moment with 35 general positions and about five managerial roles up for grabs at the new outlet that is to open in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre on April 20.

But the Irish Indo said
    As the lines for new jobs grow at the same rate as the dole queues, more than 500 people turned out in Galway yesterday to apply for just 35 positions in a new Burger King restaurant due to open in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

snubbleste wrote: »
    From the City Tribune, 10 people looking for each job

But the Irish Indo said

RTE News had a report on it yesterday evening. RTE interviewed some of the applicants, one of them said something along the lines of, we used to make fun of or laugh at people who do these jobs. I reckon he blew his chances of getting a position with BK.

Advertisement