Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

DeadSkin wrote: »
    RTE News had a report on it yesterday evening. RTE interviewed some of the applicants, one of them said something along the lines of, we used to make fun of or laugh at people who do these jobs. I reckon he blew his chances of getting a position with BK.

Did he learn nothing from that McDonald's ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RTE News had a report on it yesterday evening. RTE interviewed some of the applicants, one of them said something along the lines of, we used to make fun of or laugh at people who do these jobs. I reckon he blew his chances of getting a position with BK.
    lol, saw a guy on the tv with the same attitude. Basically saying I'm to good for this job but I'm desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

ScumLord wrote: »
    lol, saw a guy on the tv with the same attitude. Basically saying I'm to good for this job but I'm desperate.

Was probably the same dude, he was from Clare.

The camera did a scan of the room and you could see one or two people putting their hands to their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Was probably the same dude, he was from Clare.

The camera did a scan of the room and you could see one or two people putting their hands to their faces.
    So burger king will be staffed by shady characters that won't look you in the face for fear of everybody knowing they work there. :D

I hope it's full of foreigners like McDs.

I remember going to the one on westside years ago. It was staffed by local young ones that didn't give a twist about the customer. The burger I got was soggy and wet as where the chips. It was the worst bag of so called food I'd ever seen in my life.

It was two years before I went back, it was staffed by foreigners and the quality of service and food was in a completely different league altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I don't get why should we be ashamed by working in Burger King. It's a job like every other.

Someone has to work on Saturday's night, while all his friends are out, so you can have a fresh bread in the morning. Someone has to clean the streets while rain and windy, so you don't have to look at all the rubbish you left day before.

It's the same with Burger King or McDonald's. They work harder than most of us.

If it's up to me, I respect those people much more than all those managers who don't even look straight at the faces of their workers because "they are too good for this work".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Too good to work in a fast food place but fine with taking a hand out from the Tax payers. Generalisation but screw it its true. I know a few people that are or were unemployed at one time and wouldn't work in a shop or fast food place because they were better than it. Pu$$ys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Enough chit-chat already - is it open and if not, WHEN... is it open?

'cptr (I ate six Big Macs, an apple pie and a large fries in one sitting last week...)

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Too good to work in a fast food place but fine with taking a hand out from the Tax payers. Generalisation but screw it its true. I know a few people that are or were unemployed at one time and wouldn't work in a shop or fast food place because they were better than it. Pu$$ys
    Pretty shameful IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Enough chit-chat already - is it open and if not, WHEN... is it open?

...)

Here you go!
    GunScope wrote: »
    BK will be opening on approx April 6th according to source in the Eyre Square Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Looks like I'll have to add Galway to my list of places to visit for my BGRH campaign to give Burger King a Michelin star.

• Advertisement

What does it stand for Janey?

WooPeeA wrote: »
    What does it stand for Janey?

BGRH?

BGRH

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Here you go!

W00TZ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Has Burger King opened yet? April 6th people have said, but is it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

They are still refurbishing when I was walking past yesterday. id say at least a couple weeks before opening

:(

Headin into town tomorrow. WANT WANT WANT

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Patience brothers. It's the 15th when the King rolls into town.

Robbo wrote: »

Mmmmm new Burger King. Have you supported the BGRH Burger King campaign?

We should SO have a boards.ie burger-and-fries meetup. It wouldn't be a sausage-fest at all...:p

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

We should SO have a boards.ie burger-and-fries meetup. It wouldn't be a sausage-fest at all...:p

'cptr

I see what you did there and I like it, but if you think i'm going meeting you nerds without lots of alcohol being involved, you're 'avin a larf

• Advertisement

About as likely as a KFC coming :D

Seriously,these rumours seem to be based on nothing at all.

Bet you wish you never said that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

janeybabe wrote: »
    Mmmmm new Burger King. Have you supported the BGRH Burger King campaign?

Nope, what's that? Haven't seen any stickies on the BGRH page...

Definitely should have a boards burger and fries meetup haha... BK are one of the few fast-food spots who do a nice veggie burger :cool:

I was in there yesterday, still looks like theres a lot to be done.

How do you know it's the 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

So is it here yet? I'm feckin starvin and burgin' for a xl bacon double cheeseburger

Caliden wrote: »
    So is it here yet? I'm feckin starvin and burgin' for a xl bacon double cheeseburger

I had one today. Not in Galway though. :D

Was in there yesterday, looks far from finished tbf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Kanney wrote: »
    Was in there yesterday, looks far from finished tbf.

In what way?
    Are there posters indicating when it'll open or even opening offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Caliden wrote: »
    There are sooo many many yum places to eat in Galw and yous are so excited over bk!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well the City Tribune says it should be finished by April 20th.
    lala stone wrote: »
    There are sooo many many yum places to eat in Galw and yous are so excited over bk!!!!!

I'm sure most of us have eaten in these yum yum places so we're pleased that something different is coming :)

Advertisement