Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Coming To Galway?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Burger King is officially OPEN!

Just got myself a Whopper Meal. :)

They look ridiculously overstaffed but I assume they're all in training or something. All extremely enthusiastic too, wonder how long that'll last! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    Are there opening offers being advertised in the media or on the restaurant windows?

ahem Gary82, did you see any of these?

Just as well they are enthusiastic, are they not the few out of 500 that were chosen for the honour?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh dear God I hate you all so much. Granted, I live 10 minutes from a Burger King, but you get a brand new shiny one. I want a Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I really am amazed that there has been so much fuss over a food store that basically sells refried muck. Honest to god what quality of food do people eat?

Get a deep fat fryer, some burgers from Dunnes and make yourself burger and chips. Its much nicer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I really am amazed that there has been so much fuss over a food store that basically sells refried muck. Honest to god what quality of food do people eat?
    Get a deep fat fryer, some burgers from Dunnes and make yourself burger and chips. Its much nicer.

There is so little in Galway to get excited about!
    Now we'll re-focus our energies on another chain store that may or may not locate here..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

There is so little in Galway to get excited about!
    Now we'll re-focus our energies on another chain store that may or may not locate here..

KFC!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Are there opening offers being advertised in the media or on the restaurant windows?
    ahem Gary82, did you see any of these?

No sign of any promo stuff at all. I'd expect you'll see something tomorrow though as they opened late today, maybe training in the morning.

A mate of mine was in Limerick when they opened there and they gave out free chips on the first day... so may be worth a walk past tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Dunnes burger better than a flamegrilled BK burger, are you having a larf? :pac:

For the ultimate burger experience get a lb of mince (not too lean), season with salt and pepper, mix with a beaten egg, make patties, fry in a butter/oil mixture, and serve on a floury bap with salad, gherkins, ketchup and dijonnaise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Damnit! I got a rake of cans and went to the Chinese. :mad:

Damn you and your slightly out of date information Kanney!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You forgot the bacon.....
    cornbb wrote: »
    Dunnes burger better than a flamegrilled BK burger, are you having a larf? :pac:

For the ultimate burger experience get a lb of mince (not too lean), season with salt and pepper, mix with a beaten egg, make patties, fry in a butter/oil mixture, and serve on a floury bap with salad, gherkins, ketchup and dijonnaise ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    You forgot the bacon.....

buger += bacon; :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

What time does it close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

So are the staff local or non local? I would presume they should be at least 80% local given there were so many local people applying. We can now firmly get rid of the myth that Irish people wont work in fast food since i saw lots of interest from locals, then again i think it was a myth and that these companies prefer to hire non Irish anyway.

I'd prefer if they did, although maybe things have changed but the mcdonalds out in westside was a ten times better place once they got the foreigners in.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

ScumLord wrote: »
    Damnit! I got a rake of cans and went to the Chinese. :mad:

Damn you and your slightly out of date information Kanney!! :pac:

icon_redface.gif

Oops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Like I said before it meerly adds another Fast Food option in Galway. Don't really see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

oh, how litte we understand:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    What time does it close?

Dunnes closes at 9pm on Thurs/Fri, and 7pm other evenings. All other shops in the mall are closed by then, or earlier. I'll be very surprised if BK are open any later than this, and they may even close earlier if the customer numbers are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

JustMary wrote: »
    Dunnes closes at 9pm on Thurs/Fri, and 7pm other evenings. All other shops in the mall are closed by then, or earlier. I'll be very surprised if BK are open any later than this, and they may even close earlier if the customer numbers are low.
    :eek:

No post-pub Whoppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

janeybabe wrote: »
    :eek:

No post-pub Whoppers?

I can give you a whopper janeybabe:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

They better get a hatch installed somewhere for late night burger binges

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I can give you a whopper janeybabe:D

She said she wants a whopper, not a flopper :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Had a marvellous lunch in the Court of the Crimson King. Bacon and cheddar Angus, the place was wedged.

To answer trailerparkboy's question, most of the staff seem local unless Emmett is a traditional Polish name and he'd been to a voice coach.

What are the opening hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

JohnCleary wrote: »
    She said she wants a whopper, not a flopper :D

Priceless.

Just had lunch there, can't beat the Double XL meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Had an decent Bacon Double CheeseBurger meal right before the crowds came in.

Place does seem overstaffed allright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GaGa25

No Opening Offers at all.

Only Burger King Hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Just had me a bacon double cheese. MMMmmmmm.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Never went to BK, What would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

BK opens the day I get food poisoning, **** that **** :(

Advertisement