Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 Skips

• 18-09-2008 4:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    A mates Inspirion 1720. Running Vista with 2G Ram. When playing Mp3's from his hard disk it randomly skips. He is using windows media player and want to continue to use it. Happens when it's plugged in and on battery. Their is loads of ram not being used. Processor cores are only around 20% useage. Power scheme is set for max perfomance. Anyone any ideas where to start looking for a solution. I've googled but havn't got any result yet.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

does it skip for example from 1:33 to 1:45 maybe or pause or cut out for a moment and pick up where it left off. I get the latter on both my desktop and laptop under vista even on clean builds :mad:

I did do a lot of googling myself buy nothing i came accross helped so i gave up in the end

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

calex71 wrote: »
    does it skip for example from 1:33 to 1:45 maybe or pause or cut out for a moment and pick up where it left off. I get the latter on both my desktop and laptop under vista even on clean builds :mad:

I did do a lot of googling myself buy nothing i came accross helped so i gave up in the end

Pause for a moment then start again. its a new machine aswell. really annoying. I've sugested installing another player to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

like i said i just learned to live with it as nothing i tried worked including winamp etc, but some people have had success by:

going to control panel, sound, higlighting soundcard and click properties , enhancments tab, and checking the box to disable enhancements.

This made it worse in my case :D but has worked for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I assume that it happens at random sections of the mp3's and not the same point each time? Basically i'm asking if his mp3 collection may have become corrupted somewhat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    I assume that it happens at random sections of the mp3's and not the same point each time? Basically i'm asking if his mp3 collection may have become corrupted somewhat.
    Was about to ask the same question.

• Advertisement

it's totaly random

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have you tried using different media players such as Foobar and VLC?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Have you tried using different media players such as Foobar and VLC?

as per post number 3, i've suggested it.

kikel wrote: »
    as per post number 3, i've suggested it.
    indeed you have. :)

Advertisement