Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV-shows you (secretly) watch/collect?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Okay, I am officially embarrassed to still enjoy watching old series like The Cosby Show, Little House on the Prairie, and Roseanne. I used to follow them avidly when I was small, and every now and then I find myself contemplating buying the box sets. Have not done so yet, but... :o

I also - and much more embarrassingly - watch the odd episode of 7th Heaven, even though it makes my blood boil almost every time! I must be masochistic. Well, at least I have never thought of buying that one on DVD! :o

Not so secretly: Gilmore Girls (got the box set up to the last series :p), Grey's Anatomy (got the first series), Private Practice (no purchase planned), Desperate Housewives (got series 1-3), Six Feet Under (got the entire collection). Oh, and King of Queens (have five of the nine series). :p I might get a series of Judging Amy once I find out in which one Adrian Pasdar stars. :o

I also like to watch the odd CSI, no matter which city, but I couldn't be bothered collecting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm not embarassed by my Tv shows, Greys Anatomy etc, I'm more embarrassed by my seletion of dvds. Any 80s/90s dvd I found, I have to buy them!!

Examples:
    The Burbs
    Death Becomes Her
    Beaches
    Hocus Pocus ( I actually had to order this off the net as I oculdn't find it in any shops)
    The Goonies

etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

F.A. wrote: »
    Not so secretly: Gilmore Girls (got the box set up to the last series :p), Grey's Anatomy (got the first series), Private Practice (no purchase planned), Desperate Housewives (got series 1-3), Six Feet Under (got the entire collection). Oh, and King of Queens (have five of the nine series). :p I might get a series of Judging Amy once I find out in which one Adrian Pasdar stars. :o
    King of Queens lasted for nine series?! And The Wire got cancelled after five? There really is no justice in the world.

I have all seven series of The West Wing and two series of both Six Feet Under and The Sopranos but uh, that's it. And not ashamed of them either, they're my three favourite tv programmes ever. I haven't really gotten into any tv at all lately. Keep meaning to watch Mad Men cos the clips of it look deadly but I always forget to tune in when it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Forgot bout Sopranos!! Best show ever IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Anyone remember Hotel? I sooo loved it. To this day I have these stupid dreams of having Christmas at a really posh hotel. Tragic, I know!! :D

I also really liked Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Would probably get it if it was out...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

No box sets in our house except 24 which was bought for us and never opened.

Though if I could, Id watch The Greatest American Hero again, just for the theme tune. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've started watching the Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill in the morning before work, getting sorta hooked even though I'm not too sure what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I watch home and away - on you tube - religiously(Roman ftw!:rolleyes:). It all started when i was at the computer all day supposed to be studying but sitting on you tube instead! They seem to have characters in their 20's for people like me who are too old to be watching but still do. :D
    Also any of the old stuff that they show on living - The Golden girls, The Partridge Family, Bewitched, Wonder Woman oh and Party of 5 and Northern Exposure on Channel 6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

The boxsets...
    1. Family Guy
    2. Futurama
    3. Six Feet Under
    4. The Sopranos (Best show ever)
    5. American Dad
    6. Boston Legal (Underrated, suprised it's not more popular, it has William Shatner, people!)
    7. Curb Your Enthusiasm
    8. Seinfeld
    9. Rome (Only 2 series but they are AMAZING!)
    Shows I love to hate: Gilmore Girls - I find myself watching the occasional episode on Living even though it ANNOYS me sooo much. Lost - the b/f loves it, have watched a few episodes, don't get it, don't want to get it. Monk - embarrassed to say I (sometimes) watch this but it's really good! Honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Have to say i enjoyed Charmed when it was on, was always looking forward to the new series when it was on - but think it's been ruined with the continous re-runs ( i think they should hold off on it for a few years and then show it again).

Also love Las Vegas for the lovely Josh Duhamel!!!!! I know the DVD sets are available in the US, but i can't find any sign of the DVD's on sale here yet for that series.

Have found myself also getting into Criminal Minds, CSI and Cold Case too!

I have the Hustle and Shameless boxsets

Almost forgot my SATC boxset - although have yet to pick up the movie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

The Gilmore Girls (all 7)
    The Simpsons (all 10 boxsets to date and counting)
    The GHost Whisperer
    Heroes
    Tru Calling (why was this cancelled after only 2 series)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The only boxsets I have are Greys Anatomy (Season 2), Heroes, Lost and My So Called Life - I feel in love with Jared Leto and just had to have that when I spotted it at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Have a box set of Little House on The Prarie (Love it ) , actually loved Micheal Landon ;)
    Highway to heaven was brilliant ( Micheal Landon :o )
    All Desperate HouseWives Box sets , would watch them over and over.
    Golden Girls were lol.
    Dallas ( JR ) would never have worked without him.:D
    Mork and Mindy :o:o:o:o ( yep , Micheal Landon again.:P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I don't really watch television anymore but I used to secretly enjoy Smallville, mostly because of Lana.

But then it got so awful I couldn't ignore it any longer and not even she could convince me to watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

SarahJ wrote: »
    The Goonies

Hey You Guyyyyyyy's.

Nothing wrong with the Goonies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I loved MacGyver, A Team and Cover Up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

My sister buys the boxsets but somehow they always end up in my room. I've managed to "borrow" the first season of Heroes and Pushing Daisies and every Family Guy season off her. Poor girl.

I'm had such a crush on Michael Landon when I was little too. How wrong is that!
    "Who's the boss" is my ultimate in embarrassed TV. Nothing in the world makes me happier than discovering an espisode is on.

I don't get sucked in by soaps usually. But I'm totally absorbed in Home and away at the minute. I even have a crush on 15 year old bad boy Aden Jeffries. :o:o:o:o:o

Atm I love Medium, The Ghost Whisperer, Pushing up Daisies, Bones, The Clinic, Cold case, Nip/tuck, Downsize me, Grey's anatomy and The Tudors.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Charmed. Because i'm convinced that I should have magic powers.

Oh and Ghost Whisperer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have the first few Dallas series on DVD, classic! Nearly 30 years old and still great.

Also have Friends and The Simpsons on DVD.

My friend got me the Bosco DVD for Christmas..that's embarassing but very funny to watch late at night at a party..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

The Gilmore Girls (all 7)

Tru Calling (why was this cancelled after only 2 series)

I KNOW :mad:

I'm not really ashamed of anything I own. The Gilmore Girls maybe, but only because the slaggings I got when my friends seen the boxset in my room . I LOVE YOU LAURALEI !!! :pac:

I have some Care Bear DVD's I slap on when I need some cheering up though... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I love the old British comedies :D
    On The Buses, Bless This House, Blackadder.
    Also all the Carry On movies.
    Lately I've been into Dragon's Den and the soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Oooh! how could I forget Kath and Kim? I love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Oooh! how could I forget Kath and Kim? I love them!

I really don't get Kath and Kim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Boxsets I have are Friends, Simpsons and all the CSI's I love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I find myself settling down at 7pm most evenings to watch Nationwide.

It's a nana programme FFS. I even happily sat through the half hour special from Knock. Oh and the Tidy Towns special....

Now that's shame for ya.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

All the CSIs, lolly22? :eek: Must have cost a fortune! Well, not necessarily, but we assume so, right? ;) I am quite jealous of the Friends Boxset. I just have to get that one sometime soon...

Someone mentioned My So Called Life. I have that one too. Seriously underrated series.

I wonder do any of you know Picket Fences? It was cancelled after the second season I believe, but it was pretty cool! Same director as Boston Legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Bring back Sweet Valley High, Popular and California Dreams! :)

All the CSIs? :eek: Must have cost a fortune! Well, not necessarily, but we assume so, right? ;)

Someone mentioned My So Called Life. I have that one too. Seriously underrated series.

I wonder do any of you know Picket Fences? It was cancelled after the second season I believe, but it was pretty cool! Same director as Boston Legal.

Oh they would have if i had to pay for them all but I got most of them as presents over the years or I wait till the sales after they come out but yep i have them all. :D

All the CSIs, lolly22? :eek: Must have cost a fortune! Well, not necessarily, but we assume so, right? ;) I am quite jealous of the Friends Boxset. I just have to get that one sometime soon...

Oh I got the Friends one for my 21st two years ago and i watch it all through once a year never get sick of them :D classic series imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I am quite jealous of the Friends Boxset. I just have to get that one sometime soon...

FYI, it's gotten much cheaper on Amazon, about 100 pounds sterling for the whole thing, 10 pounds for each series.

Advertisement