Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV-shows you (secretly) watch/collect?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

FYI, it's gotten much cheaper on Amazon, about 100 pounds sterling for the whole thing, 10 pounds for each series.

I got the boxset, all 10 seasons, for 60 euro on Ebay, bargain when its like 200 in HMV! (Used to be anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Cheers you two, but I prefer getting box sets in my native language which always has English as an option as well. I therefore have to splash out in my home country where the box set has not gotten good reviews due to synchronisation issues, and the single boxes are rather costly in my opinion. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

All of 24, box sets and wait for it Bonanza, Micheal Landon again:o.The stunt doubles in bonanza are hilarious , Ben Cartwrights stunt double is about a foot taller and you can see the guys dark hair under the grey wig.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

All the Family Guy series, all the Soprano's series, and all of Six Feet Under.

Its not a secret though.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Awww Little House on the Prairie, I have 2 boxsets - I still cry at the end of practically every single episode :o

Got a box-set recently of Ghost Whisperer, love that programme. Warning though, don't watch it at 3am. I was sick a few weeks ago and awake at 3am, flicked on d'telly and Ghost Whisperer was on and it scared the bejeezes outta me in the middle of the night!!!!

For all you closet Home and Away fans out there, here you will find the pilot in 4 parts, oh the memories!!!!!

And Moonbaby - totally agree, Aiden is probably less than half my age, but he is H-O-T!!! How bad is that?!?!?!?!?!? :D

• Advertisement

GeturGun wrote: »

And Moonbaby - totally agree, Aiden is probably less than half my age, but he is H-O-T!!! How bad is that?!?!?!?!?!? :D

I googled! He is a legal and above board 23!!!!!! We aren't perverts after all! :D:D

I can post this and not be ashamed now!

Untitled2.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's some port-wine birthmark that guy has.

Zaph wrote: »
    That's some port-wine birthmark that guy has.

You have no idea the pain I had to go through to get that picture.
    Som chick has screen captured practically every single frame with those two in, from this season of Home and away.

And we thought we were sad!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You have no idea the pain I had to go through to get that picture.
    Som chick has screen captured practically every single frame with those two in, from this season of Home and away.

And we thought we were sad!

Well I suppose everyone need a hobby. Or an unhealthy obsession.

Well I suppose everyone need a hobby. Or an unhealthy obsession.

It is not the worst there is a guy out there somewhere, who collects screenshots of Blathnid Ní Chofaigh with her mouth hanging open.

What is odds he is a boardsie.

• Advertisement

It is not the worst there is a guy out there somewhere, who collects screenshots of Blathnid Ní Chofaigh with her mouth hanging open.

What is odds he is a boardsie.

I had no idea who she was until I saw a thread somewhere a while back with her on it, so you could be right. Why only shots with her mouth open? That's just ridiculously weird.

I had no idea who she was until I saw a thread somewhere a while back with her on it, so you could be right. Why only shots with her mouth open? That's just ridiculously weird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/irishcelebs/

What do you think?

Definitely a bit of an odd obsession there. Got to say she does nothing for me anyway, so I just don't see the attraction whether her mouth's open or closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

I watch and collect Family Guy, The King of Queens and The Walton's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Golden Girls and Gilmore Girls.I'm ashamed to watch them but can't help it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Recently (secretly!) <3'ing Gilmore Girls. Am on the hunt for the box-set as I don't think E4 will have it past season 5.

Also watching (loving!) Home and Away (Aden...) and Neighbours.

Not so secretly I watch:
    Grey's Anatomy*
    Private Practice*
    Greek*
    About a Girl*
    The Best Years*
    Gossip Girl*
    Secret Life of the American Teenager*
    CSI (Vegas)
    Two and a Half Men
    Strictly Come Dancing
    Extreme Makeover:Home Edition

*Download from itunes so I "collect" these and regularly re-watch :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

I love Dawsons Creek(im not ashamed) have all of those series on DVD. I also have some of the Bewitched series and a Worzel Gummidge dvd. I think my next purchase will be The Munsters. I would also have to agree about Kath and Kim-so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I got the box sets of 21 Jump Street and Quantum Leap recently. They rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I own all 7 seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation on DVD. Big secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i loved the oc & still love one tree hill :o
    my sister has all the oc boxsets.
    i also love watching americas next top model. not sure why, its like a strange fascination with how these girls who dont look great sometimes can have stunning photos.
    & i like ugly betty - is that embarrassing?

im not really into box sets though, for things that come in series' (serieses? whatever the multiple of series is) once i watch them once i wouldnt be too bothered watching them again. except maybe friends or scrubs.

i have a csi boxset though, my ex had ALL of them & he hadnt the money to buy that 1 once & he had got me into watching them so i bought that 1 & he said hed buy it off me in a couple of months. then we broke up :p

less embarassing things i watch (or so i think anyway):
    desperate housewives
    lost

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    I own all 7 seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation on DVD. Big secret.

Ooooh!! Me want, me want! :cool: That and Voyager. On the list for next year, for sure.

Right now, bf and I are sitting through the first series of Brothers & Sisters. One episode an evening. Very enjoyable so far, can only recommend it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

why would you secretly watch a tv programme? you are all grown ups you can watch what you like

Well, everybody (I think) has their little foibles that they would be hesitant to admit to in public. Said foible might simply be considered childish/stupid/whatever, and let's face it, we don't necessarily aim to be judged and to stand up for ourselves 24/7. So, not admitting to liking certain things usually makes everyday encounters with other people that little bit easier. ;) But since this is the internet, we can finally freely step forward and stand up to our likings and dislikings...*

...And now I'm off to get George Michael's Freedom out of my head. :rolleyes: Please feel free to take this post with any amount of salt you need. :pac:

Advertisement