Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: Golf GT Turbo Failure

Options
  • 18-09-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Best of luck with the new turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Wow, fairly disheartening to see Turbo issues on such a new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

NiSmO wrote: »
    Here's hoping so... I very very nearly bought that same car as yours but in the end my head was turned in different direct. No issues with the turbo in my car so far thankful. Hope thats last problem you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Crap that it happened but grand that they replaced it free..

hopefully it won't go on ya again! just have fun in the car eh?? :D

oh and for all the jealous posters, gtfo and get a life! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

I would'nt say it was a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

glad you got sorted , hope you have many happy trouble free miles from here on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Maybe take some lead out of your right boot for a thousand miles or so!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Wow, fairly disheartening to see Turbo issues on such a new car.

I had a new 07 1.8Tdci go pop at 918kms....inside 2 weeks.......made me ill, that did.......:o

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

groupb wrote: »

Neither is that kind of post from you in relation to certain makes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Biro wrote: »
    Maybe take some lead out of your right boot for a thousand miles or so!! :D
    I'd be of the opinion that this would be fairly pointless.

Once the engine is warm the turbo should be as good then as it will be in 1000 miles. Test it well now, then if anything goes wrong again there can be no questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Doos to hear NiSmO...shut up all those haters;)

Not here...but in the countless other threads where people have had a pop at you!

Did they not do a full service on it when it was in?!

That sound's like a cock and bull excuse IMO! They had the car for long enough! Makes it seem like they just didn't want to! Thought with something as big as replacing the turbo this early that they would do that automatically!

kmart6 wrote: »
    That sound's like a cock and bull excuse IMO! They had the car for long enough! Makes it seem like they just didn't want to! Thought with something as big as replacing the turbo this early that they would do that automatically!
    If the turbo broke upor seized then it would have been very folish on their part to not change the oil and filter, or for that matter take down the sump and sheck for debris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

groupb wrote: »

Yawn... I was in my brothers 07 GT 170 at the weekend... complete with all 41000 KM's - yeah 41thousand K's.. without issue :rolleyes:

Nismo, glad you got sorted out and there was no further hassle with VW about sorting it - there customer service/attitude could be better for sure... definitely with Park Motors :mad:

Now get back in it and enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Just personal experiences of Park..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

slideways wrote: »
    If the turbo broke upor seized then it would have been very folish on their part to not change the oil and filter, or for that matter take down the sump and sheck for debris
    in addition there is the possibility that debris could have ended up in the cylinders and the exhaust system (ie cat)

VH wrote: »
    in addition there is the possibility that debris could have ended up in the cylinders and the exhaust system (ie cat)
    Jaysus there was some amount of typos in my last post...

Anyway.. if the debris got into the cylinders it would have either caused a problem by now or will be grand.

If has gone down into the exhaust the worst thing that will happen really is a possible rattle.

I would personally like to have had the sump down in a car that young just to be on the safe side and the oil and filter changed again in 1000 miles

Advertisement