Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't Register

• 18-09-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

i passed my repeat year exam and i get a message when i try to register saying

Either you have not made an application as yet
    OR
    The Registration Cycle relating to your application is not open
    OR
    You have not been admitted for any qualification to date.
    If you have made an application please utilise the Student Admission Status option on the Student Enquiry for more information.

Does this mean i have to go up to the college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Have you checked your DCU mail. An email was sent explaining we were all very bold and tried to register before the system was ready and we broke it. They'll have it fixed for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

never got mail, so we can register after the deadline tomorrow ye?

The mail says they've extented registration for us and to try again over the weekend when its fixed so I guess we just keep lgging in and trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cviewarts

Im having the same problem, I get that same message d6 had. but also when i click on step 4 [confirmation of registration?], it tells me that I have successfully registered to repeat 2nd year...?
    Also when I log onto Moodle my subjects from 2nd year are there twice, and I'm registered for them for 2008/2009... hhmmm.

Anyone else get this?

mine is still not working emailed them last night and no reply, anyone gets theirs working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 john08

yea im having the same problem and it shows my subjects from last year...anyone know when it will be fixed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Online registration closed yesterday so if you're trying today you will have to pay some fine and do it manually i think

<p>if anyone wants me to forward them a copy of the mail I got from DCU about this pm me your dcu mail.</p>

Will wrote: »
    Online registration closed yesterday so if you're trying today you will have to pay some fine and do it manually i think

yea but for repeat students there was something wrong with the system so we got an email saying they are letting us register once the system is fixed - they said it'll be fixed over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

o.0 serious?

students awaiting repeat results or repeat year students?

i was waiting repeat results and could do it fine

• Advertisement

students waiting for repeat results. The system went down so registration has been extended. I wouldn't panic it seems to apply to quite a few of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

still cant register either, the late registration fee only applies after Oct 3rd, its just annoying to have to keep trying to register.

it's frustrating all right. sick of logging in to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

Ya'd swear DCU was trying to drop you guys a hint...

they mustnt have bothered trying to fix it over the weekend. anyone get a reply from emails they sent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Anybody else getting this message after they agree to the rules and regulations???:

'Outstanding subject registrations exist. Please register/remove these subjects before qualification registration can commence.'

No idea what its supposed to mean :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 [DCU] Mark

yeah the very same message for me gonna talk to registry today

[DCU] Mark wrote: »
    yeah the very same message for me gonna talk to registry today

let us know how you get on!! i emailed them a few times but still no reply

You would think they would keep everyone informed to what is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sean-Lugosi

beeduybe wrote: »
    Anybody else getting this message after they agree to the rules and regulations???:

'Outstanding subject registrations exist. Please register/remove these subjects before qualification registration can commence.'

No idea what its supposed to mean :confused:

Yup, same buzz. Whoever does the IT for the college really needs to sort themselves out. The amount of bugs and stuff on the portal page over the last year was ridiculous. I can't wait to see everyone raging in the Registry when I go in later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cviewarts

finally got to register..
    I went up to the computer room on the top floor of the henry grattan where they're helping out with online registration and the guy up there sorted me out. he just had to ring someone with my student number, and I was able to work away then..

i'd say go up there rather then try tackle the registry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 [DCU] Mark

yeah did the same got it sorted :D

Savage. Cheers for the heads up, lads. Heading in now to sort it.

cviewarts wrote: »
    finally got to register..
    I went up to the computer room on the top floor of the henry grattan where they're helping out with online registration and the guy up there sorted me out. he just had to ring someone with my student number, and I was able to work away then..

i'd say go up there rather then try tackle the registry?

sound. are they helping out all week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

On a slightly related note.

How does one register as an exam only repeat student. I've to repeat 2 semester 2 exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

You gotta fill out this form:

http://www.dcu.ie/registry/forms/word/R34_repeat_form.doc

and follow the instructions found here too.

Still havent been able to register, anybody get a reply from registry yet, emailed them, wont be able to get in this week though.

I'd say ring them, I was in there today and all the 1st years and new students were all swamping the registry so I could imagine replying to emails isn't top of their 'to do' list. Some woman came out asking anyone that was there to fix the online registration problem to go upstairs to room C204 and there were 2 dudes helping people out. A few people had to register manually, myself included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I hated the D6 registry as well, could never get my head around it

Advertisement