Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Slims

Options
  • 18-09-2008 6:25pm

Hello All!

Good news for those who like STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, the series has just been released in slimline DVD sets.

Now, you can get slim versions of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise.

Play.com
    TNG, DS9 & Voyager - £14.99
    Enterprise - £17.99

Amazon.co.uk
    TNG, DS9 & Voyager - £14.98
    Enterprise - £17.97

So if you are looking to complete your collection, or start your collection, the prices are low now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

They're good, alright, finally a decent price and the definitive and final DVD editions, I would say. I've got quite a collection:
    Image078.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Ronan OF wrote: »
    Hello All!

Good news for those who like STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, the series has just been released in slimline DVD sets.

Now, you can get slim versions of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise.

Play.com
    TNG, DS9 & Voyager - £14.99
    Enterprise - £17.99

Amazon.co.uk
    TNG, DS9 & Voyager - £14.98
    Enterprise - £17.97

So if you are looking to complete your collection, or start your collection, the prices are low now!

Yeah, I got seasons 1-7 of TNG and DS9 for just €300 from Amazon!

Yeah, I got seasons 1-7 of TNG and DS9 for just €300 from Amazon!
    Is Season 3 of DS9 worth getting? The Die is Cast/Improbable Cause and the Search pt I/II almost make it worth it in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

karlr42 wrote: »
    Is Season 3 of DS9 worth getting? The Die is Cast/Improbable Cause and the Search pt I/II almost make it worth it in my eyes.

I'd have to say yes. There's plenty of strong episodes.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd have to say yes. There's plenty of strong episodes.
    Indeed, just looking at the MA page, Past Tense, Second Skin- lots of episodes I remember as being good.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Season 1 and 2, however.. No thanks :)

• Advertisement

Indeed, just looking at the MA page, Past Tense, Second Skin- lots of episodes I remember as being good.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Season 1 and 2, however.. No thanks :)

blasphemy :O

Moneymaker wrote: »
    blasphemy :O
    I hate to tar all those episodes with the same brush, but in my opinion DS9 became the incredible juggernaut it is from "Way of the Warrior" on- before that, it was still finding itself. Seasons 1 and 2 were a "shakedown" period, then Season Three was establishing the series from then on, with the Defiant, the Dominion, and solidifying the character relationships("Fascination" helping with the Odo 3> Kira idea, for example).All in my most humble opinion.

In any case, I wasn't able to find Season 3 today, so I got TNG Season 5 instead, just finished "Darmok"- excellent episode, great Trek premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

I hate to tar all those episodes with the same brush, but in my opinion DS9 became the incredible juggernaut it is from "Way of the Warrior" on- before that, it was still finding itself. Seasons 1 and 2 were a "shakedown" period, then Season Three was establishing the series from then on, with the Defiant, the Dominion, and solidifying the character relationships("Fascination" helping with the Odo 3> Kira idea, for example).All in my most humble opinion.

In any case, I wasn't able to find Season 3 today, so I got TNG Season 5 instead, just finished "Darmok"- excellent episode, great Trek premise.

Yea "Darmok" is basically how picard deals with alien captains , all diplomatic, to see how kirk deals with alien captains see "Arena" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

My fav episode of ds9, i had it recorded on VHs with adds edited out for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,401 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Season 3 of ENT. That is all.

Actually thats not all.

Im thinking about starting to buy TNG or DS9. Where should I start? I do imagine I have seen most of the episodes at one time or another over the last few years though.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Season 3 of ENT. That is all.

Actually thats not all.

Im thinking about starting to buy TNG or DS9. Where should I start? I do imagine I have seen most of the episodes at one time or another over the last few years though.
    Start with Season 5 of DS9, that's what I did. I've found DS9 is more "watchable"- with TNG I find myself skipping episodes constantly. The quality isn't as consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,401 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cheers for the advice. I have always thought of TNG as being more moralistic and intelligent.

Would you not have preferred starting at S3 OR S4 like some of the posters said? (DS9)

PS:I just finished wathing 'The Thaw'-A voyager epsiode with the Fear character.

Very well done.

In retrospect, yes, but 5 is as good as any, and you get Trials and Tribblations :) But yeah, start with 4, that's when DS9 becomes amazing, and work your way up. Season 6 is probably the best season overall.
    Don't get me wrong, I love TNG, but I recently got Season 5 and I've just jumped through it, because the episodes that are good are so good that it's difficult to sit through The Game(where the crew becomes addicted to a headset that plays virtual checkers) when you know the next episode is Unification(brilliant, just brilliant). Which is not to say that THe Game is a bad episode, it's quite good, and I'd watch it over most things on TV most nights, just when you have the DVD you want to be able to put it in, sit down and have a great Trek experience for the next three hours. That's a lot easier in DS9, I found. ie. disk 4 of Season 6 is Far Beyond the Stars,One Little Ship, Honour Among Thieves and Change of Heart, all immensely watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

noodler wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice. I have always thought of TNG as being more moralistic and intelligent.

Would you not have preferred starting at S3 OR S4 like some of the posters said? (DS9)

PS:I just finished wathing 'The Thaw'-A voyager epsiode with the Fear character.

Very well done.

DS9 hit it's stride in season 4 but so much of the backstory and character development is missed out if you skip the early seasons. The history, culture, politics and religion of Bajor is established and that's so important for the later episodes. There are a lot of duds but there's some gems too. The circle trilogy in season 2 really stood out I think.

DesignLady wrote: »
    DS9 hit it's stride in season 4 but so much of the backstory and character development is missed out if you skip the early seasons. The history, culture, politics and religion of Bajor is established and that's so important for the later episodes. There are a lot of duds but there's some gems too. The circle trilogy in season 2 really stood out I think.

what he said.

Advertisement