Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spark Plugs

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I am having problems with my 2001 hyundai accent GS and am going to attempt to sort it myself before having to fork out for a mechanic. I want to change the spark plugs for a start. Where would I find out what size spark plugs I need for this? I don't have a users manual so I have nothing to consult other than the internet, which has given me many different answers so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Merv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Try your local motor factors - give them the details of the car; engine size, year, etc. and they can supply you with a set of plugs. (IIRC, it takeS NGK BKR5E-11)

N.B. - If it's misfiring, it could be a faulty coil park - they seem to give trouble with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Merv86 wrote: »
    Hi, I am having problems with my 2001 hyundai accent GS and am going to attempt to sort it myself before having to fork out for a mechanic. I want to change the spark plugs for a start. Where would I find out what size spark plugs I need for this? I don't have a users manual so I have nothing to consult other than the internet, which has given me many different answers so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Merv

What's the prob with the car???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Take out 1 spark plug and note the type. It should be written on the ceramic white part. for example L87Y, N8, N5 these are just examples.
    I wouldn't bet that you will save money if you cannot do that simple chore.

Advertisement