Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Panel Beating - just ego massage?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

had the side of my car scraped for me today. Spent months selecting it, am really happy with it, and mrs uberwolf happened along.

I'm told that the door may need replacing as its over the side impact bar and probably won't look right. Estimate - 650/700 if beatable, north of k if new door needed.

The functionality of the car isn't impaired, and I have access to the money to repair it, but do I really need to? (I use car for client visits)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

uberwolf wrote: »
    had the side of my car scraped for me today. Spent months selecting it, am really happy with it, and mrs uberwolf happened along.

I'm told that the door may need replacing as its over the side impact bar and probably won't look right. Estimate - 650/700 if beatable, north of k if new door needed.

The functionality of the car isn't impaired, and I have access to the money to repair it, but do I really need to? (I use car for client visits)

The last bit is really upto yourself, i'm a panelbeater out of my time, all i will say is the price is about right, it'd be far more economical to replace the door isntead of spending hours repairing the door.

The doors on a car are a vunrible (sp) panel, the dents will strech the metal in other parts, and would need to be worked back into shape.

However a good panel beater would have a door built up on a car in less than 1 hour 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't know what line of business you're in but if you're visiting clients with the car it may be worth getting it fixed up. First impressions and all that.

Advertisement