Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will GTA4 take over my life?

• 18-09-2008 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I have a pretty decent life now, but thats only been for the last 2 years.
    Cos I wasted alot of time on the first 3 gtas.

If i get gta 4, will i be able to stop,
    Is gta4 as good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

If you're like me you'll have an insatiable desire to get through missions to unlock new parts of the city etc., but once that's done you'll start to get bored and give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

paul_allen wrote: »

Is gta4 as good?

Don't worry, I got hooked. But the main story missions aren't gonna take forever, certainly not a very long game. So you won't be in front of your xbox/playstation till the day you die. Feel free to get hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paul_allen

cool, i just bought myself a new samsung 6 series 46" lcd and i'll have to pick up a ps3 and gta now, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ye dont worry..you'll probley find this is one of the first in the series that you want to trade in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Or the first one in the series that doesn't get so hard towards the end it's frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's the first GTA i've completed since GTA III. Best game I've played on a long while. Haven't played much since, although I did pick up Drakes Fortune (PS3) for 15 quid w/end before last and having a blast with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

silvine wrote: »
    Or the first one in the series that doesn't get so hard towards the end it's frustrating

Oh god the bank robbery in VC, don't remind me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, this GTA is one you would get bored of quite fast I'm afraid, not half as addictive as VC or SA.

PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

yup this game is definatly not one that you'll keep going back to, I've tried, and the multiplayer is ruined by dumb americans........
    mine is getting traded not bothering with the dl content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

cool, i just bought myself a new samsung 6 series 46" lcd and i'll have to pick up a ps3 and gta now, thanks.

Excellent. I got the 40" version (46" was too big for my room). Couldn't make games look better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My god that sounds like a sexual TV!
    If you ever feel that GTA is taking over your life again, I'll be happy to take the TV off your hands to remove the temptation of playing...

Didn't feel the need to complete this 100%, and only just got around to finishing it recently...

Well!!... ehh... I've got a 100", so there!!! Ehh! :p

Nailz wrote: »
    Well!!... ehh... I've got a 100", so there!!! Ehh! :p

Medal's in the post.

Responding, to a lie with sarcasm, I LOVE IT!

Nailz wrote: »
    Responding, to a lie with sarcasm, I LOVE IT!

/simpsons

Are you being sarcastic man?
    I don't even know anymore.

Dude I forgot... oh god, were you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I will admit i was being a total fanboi in the months leading up to release until i played it for a while, noticed the lack of shiit tew dew and really got sick of it tbh. Take over your life? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's all true, I haven't played it since May. It's nowhere near as addictive/engaging as the older games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

It's all true, I haven't played it since May. It's nowhere near as addictive/engaging as the older games.

Too true I've been playing it since Late August and the characters +storyline doesn't do it to me as it did for Vice City. And I haven't even come to that famous Bank Robbery mission yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Is gta4 as good?

no, it is not world of warcraft.

• Advertisement
Advertisement