Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to run a gallery?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

In conjunction with my other thread, I wanted to get some further advice. As I was saying in the other thread, I am setting up a small gallery where I hope to have different artists (painters, photographers etc) show their work every couple of weeks.

This will mean that every 2 weeks or so, a new set of work will have to be hung.

I'm interested in finding out the best way of displaying the work with this in mind. If I was hanging some paintings permanently it'd be grand to hammer in some nails. But I'm guessing that that would not be the best way to go about it if I'll be changing the display every couple of weeks, with different pictures hung in different places.

I was thinking of having a beam running across at the ceiling, with cables hanging down. If the cables could be adjusted horizontally and vertically, it would mean the walls wouldn't have to be touched and it'd be a breeze just moving the cables around.

Thanks for any input!

Advertisement