Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News and the People who Watch It - Idiots?

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

1221700920148.jpg

Just sums up how stupid fox news is :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Hardly idiots.

Just because one disagrees with another's political leaning does not make them an idiot.

Oh, and the term "idiot" originates from the Athenian description for someone who declined to partake in politics, so by definition your question is redundant.

Link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

I'd go with a yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Lol, tell me that screen isnt real...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bill is a great man and his TV show is hilarious. He's like a Republican American real life Alan Partridge and I just can't get enough. He's a hilarious man and his show is great, get off your high horse and enjoy these clips of Bill attacking 9/11 victim's children and the such.

Best bit of this is where Bill accuses and denounces the kid for spreading propaganda on his show without a hint of irony

here is Bill attacking Mark Cuban for 10 minutes. Entertaining stuff

Here Bill blames the far left's dissaproval of the invasion of Iraq for making it difficult

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He's like a Republican Americanquote]

The United States of America IS a Republic.

• Advertisement

caoibhin wrote: »
    He's like a Republican Americanquote]

The United States of America IS a Republic.

I like the way you try and make me look like a fool and you can't even use a quote button

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I like the way you try and make me look like a fool and you can't even use a quote button

I didnt have to try.

I didnt have to try.

Eh, yeah you did, you tried to bring a grammatical error to people's attention to people's attention. Don't see why you have to be such an anal liberal giant douche anyway. The crazy republican turd sandwiches are the way to go.

Here is another great Bill O'Reilly moment where he explains bias in the liberal media

If that were on Radio Norwich it wouldn't surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

I thought the US was a democracy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Oh, and the term "idiot" originates from the Athenian description for someone who declined to partake in politics, so by definition your question is redundant.

Link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Might want to read your own link ;)

"Idiot" was originally created to refer to "layman, person lacking professional skill", "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning".[6][7] Declining to take part in public life, such as democratic government of the polis (city state), such as the Athenian democracy, was considered dishonorable. "Idiots" were seen as having bad judgment in public and political matters. Over time, the term "idiot" shifted away from its original connotation of selfishness and came to refer to individuals with overall bad judgment–individuals who are "stupid". In modern English usage, the terms "idiot" and "idiocy" describe an extreme folly or stupidity, and its symptoms (foolish or stupid utterance or deed). In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound mental retardation

hard luck mate

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Less handbags, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Anyone who believes that any of non-Fox news channels are not left leaning (or really left leaning in the case of MSNBC) is as deluded as the people who think Fox is fair. Fox is right wing although O'Reilly is fairly moderate. CNN, ABC and NBC News are fairly left wing with MSNBC being really left wing (it has Olbermann and Rachel Maddow as anchors :rolleyes:). Oh and the top image is photoshopped. I watched that show last night and that caption was not there. There's enough comedy gold on O'Reilly with out having to make **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lolz if CNN is supposed to be left wing then that just illustrates how non existant the left is in American politics/culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Lolz if CNN is supposed to be left wing then that just illustrates how non existant the left is in American politics/culture.
    True. The Torys are left wing by American standards tbf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

A better O'Reilly moment!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fox News, and especially Bill O'Spin Zone, are known for sensationalizing talking points and programming with a conservative Republican Party favoured bias. This appeals to their Republican ideology market segment viewers (which includes some Southern Democrats and fundamentalist religious types that are more conservative than the Republicans), and conforms to their business model (which has been very profitable for them in terms of advertising sponsors). I'm not much into telly, but sometimes I watch Bill O'Spin Zone just for laughs!

If I was to join a party in the USA, it would not be the Republicans or the Democrats, but rather that true maverick group called Independents (the non-party choice). Then I could vote for whom I thought most qualified, guilt free, be they declared Democrat, Republican, Independent, or Lizard People, and not march in goose step to the music of some biased party ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

heres a site i have followed for a few years now

http://www.newshounds.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayGunner

Oh dear jesus - I knew O'Reilly was a nut but I just can't believe that clip!!

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

fox news (and fox itself ) are really just republican propaganda machines. look at the simpsons, how many pro-republican and anti-demacratic jokes are there in it?

O Reilly (if i spelled that correctly) is just the biggest nut-job of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why hasnt Bill been shot yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Good question.

I am willing to wager all my AIG shares though that no matter who becomes the next president, there will be an assassination attempt within a year. Either by ultra right wing nut jobs if Obama wins as they can't stand a black president, or by ultra right wing nut jobs if McCain wins as they would prefer Palin :-)

Ludo wrote: »
    Good question.

I am willing to wager all my AIG shares though that no matter who becomes the next president, there will be an assassination attempt within a year. Either by ultra right wing nut jobs if Obama wins as they can't stand a black president, or by ultra right wing nut jobs if McCain wins as they would prefer Palin :-)

ha, ha, Brilliant:D

fox news (and fox itself ) are really just republican propaganda machines. look at the simpsons, how many pro-republican and anti-demacratic jokes are there in it?

O Reilly (if i spelled that correctly) is just the biggest nut-job of them all

never once have i seen any specific kind of political leaning from the simpsons , whats great about the simpsons is they lampoon everyone

irish_bob wrote: »
    never once have i seen any specific kind of political leaning from the simpsons , whats great about the simpsons is they lampoon everyone
    Side show bob rattling on about how bad the demacrats are, the demacratic mayor is a corrupt womaniser, Former demacratic presidents are shown as idiots while former republican presidents are kind hearted heroes, "Mr president, a little girl has lost her faith in democracy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'd say Simpsons is fairly left-leaning, based on the standards of those I've watched (which, I admit, includes virtually nothing of the last eight years), but not as much as Futurama.

The only show I know that really does lampoon everyone and everything is South Park.

Side show bob rattling on about how bad the demacrats are, the demacratic mayor is a corrupt womaniser, Former demacratic presidents are shown as idiots while former republican presidents are kind hearted heroes, "Mr president, a little girl has lost her faith in democracy!"

sideshow bob is evil , mr burns is a republican and hes not exactly a nice guy either , i think the problem lies not with the simpsons but with you having a problem with your ironing

sideshow bob is evil , mr burns is a republican and hes not exactly a nice guy either , i think the problem lies not with the simpsons but with you having a problem with your ironing

Ah! sideshow bod isn't evil! he just wants to kill *the boy*:) i'll give you mister burns (though he's more like a Goa'uld than anything else):eek:

What do you mean by the ironing? is this a joke or an insult?
    ...and in case you're wondering, i love the simpsons.

Proffesor Frink, Professor Frink,
    He'll make yoy laugh, He'll make you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah auld Bill. The Simon Cowell of political analysis. He is an idiot. But I have to give it to him, he's entertaining to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where were you during that whole George Bush Sr. Episode? And do you ever watch Nixon on Futurama?

Kelsey Grammar is a Republican though so it seems to fit that Bob is as well.

• Advertisement

yea, futurama does it too.

Advertisement