Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News and the People who Watch It - Idiots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What do you mean by the ironing?

It's kind of like satironing, which the simpsons employs in all the situations you mentioned.

Just out of curiosity, is this cover racist?

original.jpg

On topic - people who watch fox news for news are probably idiots because they won't find any. But I love watching it for the pure entertainment of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zero_the_hero

Surely it’s a question of right or wrong, rather than left or right on an issue? It just so happens that those on the left tend to be right more often than those on the right (especially when it comes to social policies).
    To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, it’s well known that reality has a liberal bias.

As to the people who watch Fox News, I’m pretty certain they fall into three groups: The ignorant, the evil, and the bemused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, it’s well known that reality has a liberal bias.

Why else set up conservapedia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Speaking of Fox News and The Simpsons:

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/49281/simpsons_vicious_fox_news_parody_%5Bvideo%5D/

Love this scene, especially the news bar at the bottom! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I love it. Especially bill and that show on in the morning here with the unicorns guy or something. Though I must admit bill is very biased even though he always says hes not etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

fox news are bending over backwards this evening to try and blame this bail out collapse on the democrats , shepherd smith was on right after nancy pelosi spoke and i dont think ive ever see such bias , even on fox

i guess fox got the white house meme pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

irish_bob wrote: »
    fox news are bending over backwards this evening to try and blame this bail out collapse on the democrats , shepherd smith was on right after nancy pelosi spoke and i dont think ive ever see such bias , even on fox

the instand i heard it on the news, i KNEW fox "news" would blame the left. they can get away with their blatant propoganda because, as a privatley owned company, they don't have to remain objective

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I find that intriguing, because 140 dems voted for, and only 65 reps voted for. 95 dems and 133 reps voted against. if i recall correctly.

You have a link of sheppard smithypoo there?

Overheal wrote: »
    You have a link of sheppard smithypoo there?

?? what does that mean??

irish_bob wrote: »

link to the video?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bill O'Reilly is the worst person in the world, ever.

There was a gas clip that he played on his show of him shouting at a guy who was standing in front of Fox's camera at an Obama shindig, and in the headline was something like "Bill upholds the constitution" or "The OReilly Factor strikes one for free speech"

Legend :D

I seriously hope he is caught in bed with Ted Haggard and a rentboy and has to resign in disgrace. I'd wish him ill health, but I'm not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

In fairness to Fox, there is something worse than all there right wing propagandizing................ there F*CKING nonstop commercials.

I swear, everytime I switch over to watch the channel, I get those stupid news bulletins from Sky news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Does MSNBC only get a free ride here because its the liberal Fox News? Keith Olbermann is a transparent Democrat shill and ridiculously biased every night. I'd be more left-leaning myself but you have to call them how you see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Does MSNBC only get a free ride here because its the liberal Fox News? Keith Olbermann is a transparent Democrat shill and ridiculously biased every night. I'd be more left-leaning myself but you have to call them how you see them

oh please , im often to the right on many things myself but i know propoganda when i see it and to claim that msnbc is the left wing equivelent of fox news is just redicolous

kieth oberman may be overtly left but the whole network is certainly not , this isnt the case with fox news where even when so called liberals are on stage , they are for the most part window dressing and as ive said before the other guy who is fighting hulk hogan in a wwf wrestling match , you always know who is going to come out on top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

:|

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

That was class!!

Yeah that vid is class.

However..
    This one is of the people on the street.. :rolleyes:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=pGmesn5WXeE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

Bubs101 wrote: »
    here is Bill attacking Mark Cuban for 10 minutes. Entertaining stuff

Wonder if Bill and that blonde "Republican strategist" bimbo ever really did make it to a picket line outside a cinema with "support the troops" banners.

Would love to see a picture if anyone has a link.

I suspect they may be hard to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Yeah that vid is class.

However..

Classic!!! Just typical Americans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

Dave! wrote: »

I seriously hope he is caught in bed with Ted Haggard and a rentboy and has to resign in disgrace. I'd wish him ill health, but I'm not that bad.

Well, maybe not Ted Haggard but he has already been caught being, ahem, highly inappropriate with a female work colleague.

He's got some funny ideas about what to do with a vibrator.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

On CBS, there's talk of Bill O'Reilly moderating one of the presidential debates. Now that would be worth watching for sheer entertainment.

Yeah that vid is class.

However..

yeah thats done the rounds on boards almost as much as yore ma jokes. nobody is saying the american populous isnt as dumb as a doorknob when it comes to world geography and foreign politics.

My case and point:

usa_map.gif

The world as viewed by most americans. this is the map you will see most often in a classroom.

as opposed to

world-map1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Lawlord007

I'm ashamed to admit that I was watching Hannity and Colmes tonight and they were running Fox's very own interview with Sarah Palin which was conducted after the VP debate, an interview in which it was painfully apparent that she had not only been told in advance exactly what she would be asked, but was also given the correct answers to each question. Either that or she has suddenly become a political genius, an expert on Supreme Court jurisprudence and a reader of every stereotypically high-brow newspaper in the country!

Oh, and as for her minor glitch with Katie Couric, well apparently that was Palin's way of venting her anger at the media elite. Yes, that's right, she decided in all her wisdom that Couric's questions were so incredibly offensive to her 'soccer-mom' ethos that she insisted on answering them as badly as possible. At least that is her explanation (although it didnt stop her from answering exactly the same questions again in Fox's interview).

Does anyone ever stop to wonder whether a 'soccer mom' in the White House is indeed the answer to American woes? The fact that she has been playing the 'Im a woman' card is exactly the sort of sexism of which McCain's campaign has been accusing Obama (remember the 'lipstick on a pig' comment? He could not have been referring to Palin - pigs are intelligent creatures!)

As for Sean Hannity, the self-indulging cheerleader of the McCain campaign, let me say that I feel truly sorry for Mr Colmes who appears to be a very intelligent and fair man. I feel sorry that his name should be read in the same breath as that of his co-presenter. It comes as no surprise that Colmes has insisted his name be removed from the upcoming Fox programme 'Hannity's America', a piece of propaganda which may as well be entitled 'Vote not for Obama but rather for me, Sean Hannity'.

And why is it that the only channel whose polls seem to indicate that Biden lost the debate is Fox news, you know, the 'we report, you decide' channel?

do you have the video?

are you a bond rereg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Lawlord007

Overheal wrote: »
    do you have the video?

are you a bond rereg?

I do not know what a 'bond rereg' is but I assume I am not one.

You can search for the interview on youtube. Here is one link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjoMxjjzxzY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Come on fox news is great, full of drama!

If my mates and me are very bored we sometimes switch it on for a laugh, good buzz before you head out.:)

Advertisement