Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Garageband vs. PC and Pro tools

Options
  • 18-09-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    Im considering getting a dell laptop and buying pro tool software with it or should I go for a Mac with inbuilt garage band. Im familiar with garage band and I know pro tools could take a while to get to grips with however the mac laptop will of course cost much more. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Why not get a MAC with ProTools? Then have both.
    An Mbox with LE is fairly cheap. They come up on adverts.ie every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Summit wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im considering getting a dell laptop and buying pro tool software with it or should I go for a Mac with inbuilt garage band. Im familiar with garage band and I know pro tools could take a while to get to grips with however the mac laptop will of course cost much more. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

The latter sounds best in the long term

Advertisement