Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linnetfileds Bus Stops

Options
  • 18-09-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I noticed they have erected new bus stops just outside the Linnetfields estate in Clonee. Does anyone know which route they'll serve, and when they'll be active? Cheers.

T.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My understanding is that these new stops are part of an overall review of the various different local bus routes. There's some information on Joan Burton's website here:
    http://www.joanburton.ie/?postid=811

This is the relevant section:
    Dublin Bus also expects to implement several changes over the coming months, having now completed the long-awaited review of their Dublin 15 services. The key changes are:

39 route:
    · New buses with extra capacity.
    · Divided into three services:
    A) Serving Clonsilla train station, Hartstown Loop, N3 straight to town.
    B) Serving Linnetfields, Beechfield, Hazelbury, Latchford, Ongar Road, N3 straight to town.
    C)Starting at Ongar Road./Blanch. Road South junction, Hartstown Loop, Blanchardstown Road South., old route into town through Blanchardstown Village.

70 route:
    · All buses will serve Littlepace.
    · Improved frequency.

270 route:
    · Alternating with No.70 buses, serving Dunboyne, Littlepace, Latchford, Clonsilla Station & Blanchardstown Centre.
    · Improved frequency.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Shelters would be good also, probably be another 10 years. :rolleyes:

I guess the 39B and possibly the 270 (if it passes Latchford) will pass those new bus stops. Handy for myself anyway as I'm in Hazelbury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Looks good but will the 39a be running all day or just the 5 in the morning to the city centre and 5 in the evening from the city centre as previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

i'm not to familiar with the estates up there,but either the 39B or the 139 will be going through Linnetfields estate in Clonee as far as i'm aware.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Looks good but will the 39a be running all day or just the 5 in the morning to the city centre and 5 in the evening from the city centre as previous.
    Thaedydal there will be 39A's running all day right up to about 23.15 or there abouts.the plan is for the 39A's to go into the S.C. go around by quinn direct turn left at the roundabout and head down to the N3 and into town. there there will be a 39 aprrox every 20 mins. so in between this will be mainly A's and B's. also part of the plan for that area is for the first bus to be leaving ongar at 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

just wondering is there any truth to the story that the 139 will now operate via the loop?

Also will 39B still go as far as Belfield?

any timescale on this?

thomasj wrote: »
    just wondering is there any truth to the story that the 139 will now operate via the loop?
    dublin bus haven't said yet which buses are going where.
    Also will 39B still go as far as Belfield?
    most of the B's will be operating from hawkins street, only the euro's from harristown will be doing the B's to belfield.
    any timescale on this?
    your talking weeks i'd say rather than months. the drivers have got a copy of a draft schedule so when the changes are made i.e. when a proper and realistic schedule is agreed and everyones happy then it'll be brought in fairly soon after that. theres no point in bringing out a new timetable that says it'll take 45 mins to get into town when in realistic terms it'll take an hour and a half, thats what i mean by the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

dublin bus haven't said yet which buses are going where.

Not happy with this at all. It appears that the new route serving Linnetfields will do the same ridiculous route as the old 39.

"The new route servicing the new distributor road (Hazelbury, Latchford etc) will be the 39B

It will start at the existing terminus and go to Beechfield Roundabout, turn right down the distributor road and proceed down to the Allendale Roundabout. It will then turn left down the New Ongar Road, left around the Hartstown Loop, cross Blanchardstown Road South and go through the Blanch Centre, turning left at the Quinn building and going down onto the N3 and into the city.This service will operate 7 days a week approximately between 5.15 and 23.00 Mon – Fri with a flat 20 minute service.

Regards,

Gareth Quinn
    Area Manager, North West
    Phibsboro Garage"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If they keep adding new estates to the existing routes you'd be quicker walking into town!!

TskTsk wrote: »
    Not happy with this at all. It appears that the new route serving Linnetfields will do the same ridiculous route as the old 39.

"The new route servicing the new distributor road (Hazelbury, Latchford etc) will be the 39B

It will start at the existing terminus and go to Beechfield Roundabout, turn right down the distributor road and proceed down to the Allendale Roundabout. It will then turn left down the New Ongar Road, left around the Hartstown Loop, cross Blanchardstown Road South and go through the Blanch Centre, turning left at the Quinn building and going down onto the N3 and into the city.This service will operate 7 days a week approximately between 5.15 and 23.00 Mon – Fri with a flat 20 minute service.

Regards,

Gareth Quinn
    Area Manager, North West
    Phibsboro Garage"
    this will actually cut about 20-30 mins mins of the travelling time not increase it. alot of time is lost going around in circles getting in and out of the shopping centre and then going through blanch as well. if the above is correct then once youl leave the stop in the S.C. the next stop ater golf works will in actual fact be the esso stn on the navan road.

this will actually cut about 20-30 mins mins of the travelling time not increase it. alot of time is lost going around in circles getting in and out of the shopping centre and then going through blanch as well. if the above is correct then once youl leave the stop in the S.C. the next stop ater golf works will in actual fact be the esso stn on the navan road.

"B) Serving Linnetfields, Beechfield, Hazelbury, Latchford, Ongar Road, N3 straight to town."

I got my hopes up when I saw this. The thoughts of still having to endure 'The Hartstown Loop' (sounds like some sort of punishment) and the Blanchardstown Centre are not appealing :) I know it's a supply & demand issue, but a lot of people in my area avoid using the bus because of the circuitous route it takes around D15. Looks like I'll be driving in to work for the forseeable future.

"B) Serving Linnetfields, Beechfield, Hazelbury, Latchford, Ongar Road, N3 straight to town."

I got my hopes up when I saw this. The thoughts of still having to endure 'The Hartstown Loop' (sounds like some sort of punishment) and the Blanchardstown Centre are not appealing :) I know it's a supply & demand issue, but a lot of people in my area avoid using the bus because of the circuitous route it takes around D15. Looks like I'll be driving in to work for the forseeable future.

Linnetfields, Beechfield, Hazelbury, Latchford haven't had a bus service yet! give them a service leave out part of the route that people on the hartstown loop have been enduring for ages and still not greatful!

If you think bus is bad good luck to you in driving!

• Advertisement

Linnetfields, Beechfield, Hazelbury, Latchford haven't had a bus service yet! give them a service leave out part of the route that people on the hartstown loop have been enduring for ages and still not greatful!

If you think bus is bad good luck to you in driving!

Have been driving from Clonee for years, but I have to leave early to beat the traffic. It's still better than spending my life on the 39 bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Even though I'd like to avoid "The Hartstown Loop", at least there will be a daily service which doesn't go via Clonsilla - that's 5-10 minutes less time spent commuting for me.

I am wondering about the 270 route, seeing it says it will serve Clonsilla Station. I am hoping it won't do sightseeing tours between the station and Blanch SC.

Have been driving from Clonee for years, but I have to leave early to beat the traffic. It's still better than spending my life on the 39 bus.

I agree with you on that allright the 39 ii do verything to avoid it but I find it easier to get the 39A to town in the morning than getting a train but because of the time i am getting home in the evening there are no 39As at that time so I have to get a train the 39B i reckon will be a mirror image of the 39A!

Polar101 wrote: »
    Even though I'd like to avoid "The Hartstown Loop", at least there will be a daily service which doesn't go via Clonsilla - that's 5-10 minutes less time spent commuting for me.

I am wondering about the 270 route, seeing it says it will serve Clonsilla Station. I am hoping it won't do sightseeing tours between the station and Blanch SC.

As far as I know littlepace etc. to clonsilla you will avoid the loop!

and the 39B will be skipping coolmine, blanchardstown village etc as well!

And with the 37 having it's terminus in the centre there is an option for those who live close enough to grab that at the start rather then having full 39s from the hartstown loop passing them by in the morning.

I agree with you on that allright the 39 ii do verything to avoid it but I find it easier to get the 39A to town in the morning than getting a train but because of the time i am getting home in the evening there are no 39As at that time so I have to get a train the 39B i reckon will be a mirror image of the 39A!

there will be both 39A's and B's runnig all day as well as the plain 39 when the new timetable is introduced. unfortunately the D.15 area is vast and only has one major bus route and that being the 39. i know you have the 37's ,38's , 70's as well as the local routes but the 39 take the vast majority of passengers but unfortunatley takes a tour of the area. regarding the shopping centre i'd have to say it's one of the busiest shopping centres i've seen when it comes to bus usage. alot of locals using the 39 in the shooping centre also live on the loop.
    D.15 is one of the fastest growing area in the city if not in the country. you'll have the barnswell gang(figure of speech) moving in soon and i'd say thats going to increase passengers loading alot when it's fully up and running.

I got word yesterday that the 139 route will operate during peak hours from the Ongar terminus direct to the city centre, via the New Ongar Road, the Blanch South road and the N3. There was no mention of it using the loop or the Blanch Centre at all.

There was no mention of when the service would commence.

The lack of information on this is staggering.

Yep i have heard that, have also heard the only buses operating beyond the city centre will be the 39x to belfield.

Have heard that every second bus will be a 39a and there may also be 39bs also operating at the same sort of frequency.

They are hoping before christmas for this to be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This post has been deleted.

Organised by Fine Gael from what I remember, for anyone who cares about party affiliations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Zaph wrote: »
    Organised by Fine Gael from what I remember, for anyone who cares about party affiliations.

Organised by that expert on everything, Leo Varadkar. Click here for the press release. If you want any insight on what they'll be yammering about, then hold your head in your hands, because the image of the bus he uses on his website doesn't even belong to Dublin Bus any more. The centre doors have been panelled up and it has a UK registration.

'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The lack of information on this is staggering.

The lack of information is down to the constant to-ing and fro-ing that DB have had to do for the last year with the Department of Transport to come up with a set of routings that they will approve. And until a firm set of proposals is arrived at that they have approved, then you continue in this vacuum.

The principal sticking point was the extension of the 37 to the Blanchardstown Centre which the DoT refused on the grounds that it would be unfair competition with the hourly UrBus service between Castleknock and the SC, despite the fact that the UrBus fare would be cheaper and their routing far more direct! They would only grant permission if the service was operated as a commercial service, i.e. without a subsidy!!

As far as I know DB are trying to compromise with the 37 terminating outside the centre instead!

Does anyone know what ever happened to the proposed 139 route? All of the bus stops have been in place for about 6 months now, but the only bus I've ever seen going past Linnetfields is a 70B, and I don't know if it's a regular thing or not. Dublin Bus never bothered their arses informing the local residents of anything, so I'm assuming all those raised kerbs and shiny new bus stops were just another complete waste of money? Is it worth contacting Leo Varadkar about this, or is it just to be expected due to the cutbacks in Dublin Bus? Like thousands of others, I'd love to leave the car at home, but the bus service (particularly via the Hartstown Loop) is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Regards,

Gareth Quinn
    Area Manager, North West
    Phibsboro Garage"

thanks I must remember never to take this bus. What is so important that all the buses have to go to hartstown.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done Dublin Bus. Another complete joke.

Honestly, does an area the size of Castaheany not warrant a direct bus route that runs between town and the area rather than a route that winds through other D15 estates?

Can these people not realise that to get people out of cars, the alternative must be appealing? What's appealing about standing at a shelter-less bus stop in the pissing rain waiting for your bus that's going to take the guts of an hour to even get out of D15?

Eh, yer alright thanks. Think I'll take my car instead. :rolleyes:

Advertisement