Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS Building society Question.

Options
  • 18-09-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys hope you can help me with this. I have a fixed investment account With the EBS Building society. I can’t go near the account on till it matures every 3 moths. I have my life saving in this account of 60.000 if the EBS goes under I will lose 40.000. Is there any way I can get out of this fixed account. Was on the phone to them today and they told me I will have to wait till end of Oct to get my money. I am just worried about the all the Uncertainty in global financial markets. Or would The EBS be a safe bet for my money. Hope you can help me with this.
    thanks
    Paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Pulling money out of bank accounts because there's been a downturn in the market is very irresponsible behaviour, and totally unnecessary. The government would never allow a major bank to collapse in this country because of the knock on effect to the rest of the economy.

Listening to Joe Duffy over the last couple of days makes me think that someone has an interest in driving down share prices. :(

If you do pull your money out, maybe you should buy bank shares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Unless someone produces proof, and not rumour, that an institution is having issues - these threads are irresponsible and nothing but scaremongering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement