Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1 year NCT??

Options
  • 18-09-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

I had a glance at my tax cert earlier, and suddenly I noticed that my NCT disc expires in June '09..

I NCT'd my car (first time since importing it this year) in July.. what gives?? Clerical error? I checked my NCT cert and it has the same date..

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Its dated from the anniversary of the car , so they backdate if it wasen't done when it should have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Agreed, but the anniversary of the car is June, and I NCT'd it a few weeks later, like 2 months ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I think if your car's reg year is an odd number the NCT renewal will be on an odd year.ie a 99 will be nct'ed till 2009 ,a 00 will be nct'ed till 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My understanding is that it is from the anniversery of when a used import was first registered in the country of origin, not the anniversery of when it was first registered in Ireland. In other words, if your car is 5 years old when you imported it, it had to be NCT'd when you registered it here in Ireland. But afaik that NCT cert is only good for 1 year as like original Irish cars it will be due it's second NCT when it is 6 years old (first time 4 years old and then every 2 years).

I think that is how it works but I am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    it is from the anniversery of when a used import was first registered in the country of origin, not the anniversery of when it was first registered in Ireland. In other words, if your car is 5 years old when you imported it, it had to be NCT'd when you registered it here in Ireland. But afaik that NCT cert is only good for 1 year as like original Irish cars it will be due it's second NCT when it is 6 years old (first time 4 years old and then every 2 years).

That's exactly it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

unkel wrote: »
    That's exactly it

That's it. The only other explanation is if your NCT was overdue or else if it was registered as a taxi, they have to do the NCT every year but their disc is yellow, so you'd know if this was the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Okay, I'm confused :o

Original UK Honda Prelude 1996, first registered in the UK in May 1996. I imported it in June (possibly May), and NCTd it in July. I expected the NCT to be backdated to May 08, and for it to expire in May 2010. So this isn't the case?

Advertisement