Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Speed Enforcement Zones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pardon my stupidity/ignorance but is this where they will be manning speed checking zones or where they will be setting up permanent speed cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

These are the priority areas. I'm sure they change things around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

It does seem to be pretty accurate.

In fairness the sligo one points to all the areas they can be found on the N4. Which would be all of it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

these are hardly those point to point average speed speed cams like they have in the UK are they?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So these are the areas where they will more than likely have speed cameras daily/weekly/monthly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

M5 wrote: »
    these are hardly those point to point average speed speed cams like they have in the UK are they?
    No, merely stretches of road where enforcement is more likely. I've asked for clarification.
    R_H_C_P wrote: »
    So these are the areas where they will more than likely have speed cameras daily/weekly/monthly?
    I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Just wondering because in Maynooth there are new cameras at almost exactly the points listed....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

3rd time lucky with this link :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

gardai shud use google maps.. good list tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does this mean that if your area is not on the list you won't be snapped by a Gatso Van?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gardai shud use google maps.. good list tho

they have maps, works pretty well.

I see they have the N11 at UCD as an enforcement area, surprised at that. Not a dangerous road, it's a shooting fish in the barrel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

gardai shud use google maps

They do! Click on one of the "from" names and look at the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Heres the blackspots sorted in terms of the area they affect (Garda division) and the colour or category they give them (red for most dangerous, amber less so and green the least).

Pay close attention to those listed "red" as these are where the boys will concentrate on now that its been made public where the worst roads are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tmulcahy365

Anybody want to volunteer to stick all those co-ordinates into a download for my Garmin??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anybody want to volunteer to stick all those co-ordinates into a download for my Garmin??

Any one know how to put them into Nokia Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Any one know how to put them into Nokia Maps?

Download POIedit http://www.poiedit.com and import the coords and save in the appropriate format for Nokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cameraman1

Does anyone know if theres an easy way to upload all the gps co-ordinates for the garda speed check locations onto a Garmin nuvi 250W?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm gonna be buying a satnav for a present and would be good to know if these zones can be added to the device (is it a standard feature of satnavs that this can be done?). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I'm gonna be buying a satnav for a present and would be good to know if these zones can be added to the device (is it a standard feature of satnavs that this can be done?). Thanks
    www.mypois.ie have them sorted for Garmin sat navs

• Advertisement
Advertisement