Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage girls drink drugs and love

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Im 15 and have found that this was the longest summer holidays ever.
    Not only that but it was proberably the biggest personality change my friends have ever had.

I was realy shocked when i went back to school, two of my friends were pregnant(one of them being a close friend). Nearly my hole year group seems to smoke and pot ,ecstasy amoung other drugs have hit the town just recently.

Im not gonna sit here and lie im no angel but some of these girls just take it to far. Like for example our lunch break was cut shorter because of girls (i go to an all girls school) were caught doing sumthing full on to the local boys school students as well as spending their shortend lunch breaks going away somewhere private with their 24-26 yr old boyfriends.

At the local discos the cubicals are full of soo called ''innocent'' girls and boys and the bouncers just allow it! Most of them are high on drugs or as drunk as could be n the process. i just dont no what to think.
    Like although i dont realy want to the peer pressure is getting to me especially this year to just go with the flow and i have alredy started to drink.

I dont no who to blame , wether its the parents the educational system , the government for lack of activities in the area or is it just us teens messin and having the craic. One of our teachers actually had to leave allready this year as one of the girls in my class pretended to be in immence pain then faint in her underwear in the changing room just to get the pe teacher who only just started to come in and help her which as you can imagine caused allot of commotion.:eek: (i was there when this happened)

I just dont no what to think is this a common thing or is my soo called nice respectable school going to hell???:confused:

Btw this is only a small town school so its a bit unusual and very much looked down on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

why do you want to blame anyone? sounds to me like pretty average teenage carry on. all the parenting and schooling in the world wont stop teenagers smoking, drinking, shagging, doing drugs and generally rebelling. That said, if you are uncomfortalbe with it, i would urge you to try and not follow the trend but i know that is an extremely difficult thing to do. whatever you decide, be safe and mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some of the above will be random, rumour and hearsay. The rest may have a basis in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Read Thread content from Forum page:D
    What a place to have a typo. LOL.
    Thanks hattie-f , bet you didn't think you would brighten
    someones night .:D
    Oh , keep to the way you are and you will be fine.:)
    PS: LOL in a good way , not making fun of you're spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This stuff happens. I'm 17 (male) now and dont drink, or do drugs.. so its not exacty like its impossible to not do it. Just use your own common sense. Don't be forced into things, and if you feel you are, walk away.

This stuff happens. I'm 17 (male) now and dont drink, or do drugs.. so its not exacty like its impossible to not do it. Just use your own common sense. Don't be forced into things, and if you feel you are, walk away.

Well said , it is so not worth it.
    l can say l smoke ( wish l hadn't started ) and l drink moderately but l have Never touched drugs , and l am so glad that l didn't go with the crowd on that one.;):)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I wish i were 15 again.

I wish i were 15 again.

+1 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Wait why is there a 17 yo on my friends list???? Begone child! :pac:

*Shakes Head*
    tut tut, :D
    :eek: / off to check friends list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Ah yeah there can be a big jump from the end of one school year to the start of another, you'll probably find then that you'll get new friends this year. Alot fo people find that

I remember when we went back in 4th year, was relaly odd coz everyone thought they were so cool, some people were working so were even cooler and stuff. Then we got to The end of 4th year and we found out one of the quietest kinda goody two shoes girl was pregnant...complete shock! then i think the rest just let rip and we now have 17 girls who started off in our year (including drop outs and people who skipped 4th year) who have kids! it's not as big a shock now coz we're all 22/23 but still!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hattie-f wrote: »
    their 24-26 yr old boyfriends.
    One of our teachers actually had to leave allready this year as one of the girls in my class pretended to be in immence pain then faint in her underwear in the changing room just to get the pe teacher who only just started to come in and help her
    "Average teenage carry-on" my hole...

OP, that all sounds pretty grim all right. Most teenagers aren't that skanky - saying it's typical teenage behaviour is doing them a gross injustice. Sure, it's more common among 17/18-year-olds but there's a big difference between them and 15-year-olds - considering a lot of the former are in college.
    I wouldn't blame you for feeling like things have gone mad and like the odd one out. I agree with Victor though - much of the stuff you hear about is likely to be bullsh1t. In my school when we were 15, only a small number did the stuff you've described, the vast majority didn't. Most of the "rebelling" was smoking and a couple of cans of cider once in a blue moon. And sex, if it was happening at all, was within relationships. It was still mostly just snogging and a bit of "heavy petting" though.
    What can I say? If you really don't want to partake of it, please be true to yourself and don't. Are there people you could hang out with who aren't interested in shagging in a toilet cubicle (nice)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

>_>

<_<

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TLG

hattie-f wrote: »
    Like for example our lunch break was cut shorter because of girls (i go to an all girls school) were caught doing sumthing full on to the local boys school students as well as spending their shortend lunch breaks going away somewhere private with their 24-26 yr old boyfriends.

At the local discos the cubicals are full of soo called ''innocent'' girls and boys and the bouncers just allow it!

they should all be killed because i am jealous because at that age i got none of that therefore i am bitter and resentful so i'd like to massacre them all

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

TLG wrote: »
    they should all be killed because i am jealous because at that age i got none of that therefore i am bitter and resentful so i'd like to massacre them all

OK, that's enough, you're a troll and your sort is not wanted around here. Permanent ban from tLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im 17 and my school wouldnt be considered posh in any sense and ive had some wild nights and partys but what your describing wouldnt be common behaviour to me or my friends.we drink,some smoke,some do drugs,some have sex same as the next group but nothing as extreme as what you seem to be describing.that being said we do go wild the odd times but not all the time and we all know well enough to be responsible for ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Some teenage girls are sensible, some are not. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sounds like all the craic is in Monaghan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

your goin to find that after the summer the people you thought you knew have changed it happens to everyone. Theyre all trying to find who they are and whether thats through sex drugs booze..... thats up to them. at the end of the day all you can do is what you WANT not what you think you should do,for the sake of eveybody else,do whats right for you. once you do that through whatever form it is, then i think thats the way to go. drinkin,sex and all that other jazz are things you can try when you are ready. dont be forced to try them for the sake of it. do your best to take control of your life and dont worry about everone elses. its not a parents/teachers/systems ''fault'' that these girls are doing what theyre doing its all part of growing up. dont be a part of it if you dont want to be. all i can say is enjoy and be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But a number of those girls probably don't want to do all that stuff either and are just doing so to go along with the crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well that's their fault for being stupid :) It's entirely their choice, even if they're pressurised, giving into pressure is their decision to make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 beomhar

ya der is always goin to be pressure to follow the group, but at the end of the day its up to you: whether you want to be a sheep or you want to be your own person. if you do something simply because everyone else is you might end up regrettin it. lik im no angel either but you make your own choices which you have to live with.

plus if you choose not to do somethin nd you friends judge you, they dont respect you! and pet it seems that you respect yourself so well done xxxx

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

beomhar, welcome to The Ladies Lounge. However, if you're going to stick around it would be appreciated if you didn't use text speak as it's not permitted on this forum.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Are you south monaghan by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭hattie-f

Are you south monaghan by any chance?
    yep
    whos asking ?????

Advertisement