Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JIMDO Website Builder

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Has anyone much to comment on Jimdo (www.jimdo.com) , it appears to be a 'bebo' type Build-your-own website. I must admit it seems pretty handy as i can update the site whenever an however i want. It allows you to create your site FOR FREE then an option to update to pro at the cost of $6 a month. I think its pretty reasonable as all below is included:

UNLIMITED USAGE
    IMAGE GALLERY
    FORMS
    GUESTBOOK
    UNLIMITED PAGES
    IMPORT OF U-TUBE ACESS
    LAYOUTS
    SITE MAP
    SITE STATS
    NEWSLETTER
    ACCESSABILITY
    PASSWORD PROTECTED AREAS
    EMAIL ACOUNTS
    WEBMAIL
    HOSTING
    5GB STORAGE
    YOU OWN DOMAIN (WWW.YOU.COM)

All for $6 a month - Sure what could be wrong with it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭corkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jimdonaut

corkie wrote: »

Hi,
    can you tell us your problem with our terms?
    We are very interested in your opinion!

With regards from Germany,

Hendric (Business Developer @ Jimdo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Corkie, i believe that these terms are for the jimjo free service the pro jimbdo i image would be different.

Can you comment Jimdonaut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i believe this looks like spam.

@corkie no, it's the same TOS for JimdoFree and JimdoPro. But what exactly don't you like?
    @heggie we didn't initiate anyone to post anything about Jimdo here, big promise.

• Advertisement

Nothing personal but if the OP is happy with your terms, but i believe he can do better than what you provide elsewhere. If he is happy to be locked into your terms that is up to him.
    5.6. The Jimdo User is under an obligation to regularly back up all data files and software settings to which he has access. In all cases the Jimdo User is required to take appropriate data backup measures before making changes to his Jimdo-Page and, provided that the Service Provider has notified the User in due time, before maintenance work is carried out by the Service Provider. Under no circumstances must backup copies be saved on Jimdo’s Server.

5.8. The Jimdo User will use the designs provided by Jimdo exclusively for his Jimdo-Page. The Jimdo User is expressly prohibited from storing the Jimdo-Page and transferring it to and using it on an external server.

Just my opinion, but i do not wish to get into a public debate about your service. If you wish P.M. me and I'll would gladly provide you with other means to contact me or to discuss this.

Regards,
    John

heggie wrote: »
    i believe this looks like spam.

Sorry but why are you requesting my thread to be deleted?? i only asked for an opinion and your jumping to conclusions about spam? i am not a spammer and you can check other posts in this web design & development section. I have been posting about my website for a while.

"The Best form of defense is to attack" in my opinion some people are threatened by this post and the service that i have mentioned above. To me Jimdo seems to be a great opening, and one i am seriously considering for my small business.

And thank you Jimdonaut for your comments, i am sorry that the irishman lacks trust and thrives on suspicion, some of us are excempt.

Best Regards,
    Shane

Hosting, Domain Registrar-specific discussion is banned on this forum. That is the only reason I requested the deletion of this thread. If the mods are happy to leave it. Then that's up to them.

Best of luck, with your small business and if you find the service meets your needs best of luck with that to.

Regards,
    John.

eh i requested nothing. You have few posts, then suddenly a rep from said company comes on which I found strange. Get over yourself

Thank you Corkie,

sorry all i am asking a question about webdesign under Web Development & Design. If i have mentioned hosting i am sure you clever enough to realise that i am not trying to promote hosting, domain etc i am only asking for opinions. Sorry if it has come across as promotion/spam i didnt intend on doing so.

If anyone else has any pro's/con's on jimdo please keep posting thanks.

Best Regards,
    Shane

• Advertisement

you're apologising now? are you affiliated in any way with jimdo? cause it's sounding like you are

eh i requested nothing. You have few posts, then suddenly a rep from said company comes on which I found strange. Get over yourself

Your obviously want something bitchy typed back after telling me to get over myself but sorry all i asked for an opinion on the jimdo service nothing else. Why dont you ask jimdonut how he found the post? because i do agree that he found and replied to it pretty quick, but i dont jump to conclusions, or if you have a prob with spam you can pm the Mods.

Best Regards,
    Shane

It's just strange that your saying sorry for coming across as spammy. Also, you should learn to read your own threads better as I never requested this to be deleted, that was another user.

you're apologising now? are you affiliated in any way with jimdo? cause it's sounding like you are

Yes hes my German Shepard, anything else you'd like to know?

Smcgie wrote: »
    Yes hes my German Shepard, anything else you'd like to know?

Yeah, does he like a bit of 1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

It's just strange that your saying sorry for coming across as spammy. Also, you should learn to read your own threads better as I never requested this to be deleted, that was another user.

Well i am that clever heggie i can see both sides thats why i am saying sorry for being so spammy. I understand it may be thought of as spam. but if you have a problem you should pm the mods. The Mods havent commented as yet on what i have said. So i obviously havent crossed the line.

I know it wasnt you that requested the thread deleted. I was speaking to you and corkie in my reply, i only used your quote.

Best Regards,
    Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

To be fair the OP did look spammy but after a google of Jimdo, it does indeed look well established so I doubt they'd drop so low as to spam in forums.

I would have found the fact that a member of staff came here so quickly a bit suspicious though.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    To be fair the OP did look spammy but after a google of Jimdo, it does indeed look well established so I doubt they'd drop so low as to spam in forums.

I would have found the fact that a member of staff came here so quickly a bit suspicious though.

I couldnt agree with you more, im just annoyed that people were asking for the thread to be deleted without asking me beforehand.

Anywho :rolleyes: im not getting many responces on the service provided. (OP)

Regards,
    Shane

Webmonkey wrote: »

We use tools like google blog search, technorati, summize and more to check what people are saying about us to improve our products (in this case the comment about our terms of use). That´s why we came here so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, this has gotten right off the point...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement