Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making cocktails

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wondering, when making cocktails in a shaker, how does one ensure that the exact amount is put into the shaker so that it fills the glass only to the rim?

Should it be thrown together in the glass prior to being put in the shaker?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You use a measure, one that came with it and pick the right glass for the one you are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Or just make plenty, fil the glass and then drink any spare straight from the shaker!
    Mmmm....leftover cocktail mix. Tasty good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Get a mixing glass in a catering shop, you can get boston glasses that fit the shaker tin. You should be looking at 80-100ml of alcohol a cocktail.

What cocktails are you making?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Anyone know where I can buy grenadine. they were selling it in SuperQuinn next to where I live last year sometime but I can't find it anywhere now. For making tequila sunrise.
    Was stuck with mojito's last weekend. got fairly bobed off it. The Captains rum, 7up, lime and fresh mint with ice. they were fair nice. that was a good night.

If you cant find grenadine you can get pomagrats syrup.. the exact same thing. I think its more available than grenadine. If not try 'The Celtic Whiskey Shop' on Dawsons Street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Elem wrote: »
    If you cant find grenadine you can get pomagrats syrup.. the exact same thing. I think its more available than grenadine. If not try 'The Celtic Whiskey Shop' on Dawsons Street.
    Thanks for the info. I'm guessing Dawsons street is Dublin tho. i'm not goin up to Dublin from Limerick foor grenadine haha. i'll try the pomagrats syrup if I find it. i've never heard of it though.

You can find that syrup usually with all the cake baking goods in most supermarkets.

Advertisement