Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homeless hostels or cheap b&b?

• 18-09-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi

i know this a kinda of strange question but is there any system in place if your homeless, i mean is there any hostels, for women

and if not could someone recommend a really cheap b & b

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think (Think being the key word) there's a homeless shelter around Lady Lane - Near the church end of the street. A google indicates there's something there, but no address that I can see in any of the articles, etc.

Really cheap B&B's... I think there's one near the Thomas St end of O'Connell st and another one near the gates of the brewery - I don't know if either are still open, or if they are cheap.

Hope this is in some way helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The Lady Lane place is a mens shelter. I don't know if there is another place for women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

thanks

looking for a womens hostel really, any ideas greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cheers Bushy - One of those is just off the Yellow Rd if I remember correctly. Hadn't thought about that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The woman's shelter is called " Oasis House "
    But its not a hostel for the homeless more for refuge for woman.(domestic violents etc ) I think.
    Contact Number can be got form social welfare and other support groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

im sure if you ring them and talk to them they will either help out or be able to point you in the right direction, i was in a simular situation for many years, get in touch with the social welfare.. they can help more than you would believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If you give this organisation a call I reckon they'd have a list of places that might suit
    http://www.simon.ie/index.php?page=south-east-simon-community

Rockman is right about Oasis house, that's more for victims of domestic violence.
    Call out to the health board on the Cork road, and see if they can help with sorting you out with something.

Advertisement