Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access the config screen on my D-link wirelwss router

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all,..I need some help here :(
    I have my (NTL) scientific atlanta 615 cable modem connected to my D-Link wireless router & it's working fine except that just today I am unable to log into
    the settings screen on the router,..I never had this problem before.
    the router ip is 192.168.0.1 & this gets me to the login screen but when I put in my password I keep getting the message "the network connection seems to be down. press OK to try again" the d-link support page suggested doing a reset to get rid of any passwords & try logging in as ADMIN & leaving the PW blank, I did this but I'm still getting the same message,....any Ideas ??
    rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Seems odd alright. I take it you reset the router by holding in the reset button on the back while plugging it in to the power? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

problem solved,...after a lot of goggling I discovered that the new firefox3 is the problem,..I updated to FF-3 last week from an older verrsion & there is a little known issue here between this version some d-link routers,...I can access the d-link config screen by using IE for now until the firefox 3 issue gets sorted.

Advertisement