Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decaux Ads-Erecting signage at night!!

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the silly headline, but I'm sitting in my apartment in Smithfield wondering why the heck JC Decaux decided that erecting one of their controversial signs at 10.30pm would be a good idea.
    'Tis just outside the old Comfort Inn hotel. I have called the Garda to check that theu have the correct documentation to be doing same, but no sign of any Gardai yet.
    Anyway, just thought it interesting. There is no emergency DCC Planning Hotline at all is there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Saw them erecting one on the Navan Road, around an hour ago. I think it was outside the Garda station on the Navan Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You called the guards!...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. sorry, but thats hilarious!.

Lazy fvckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Well you know there's a price to be paid for the free bikes and the public toilets we got as part of the deal... oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jdivision wrote: »
    Well you know there's a price to be paid for the free bikes and the public toilets we got as part of the deal... oh wait...

Yea, wait for your free bikes!.

We've been royaly stung with these signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is1ldur wrote: »
    I have called the Garda to check that theu have the correct documentation to be doing same, but no sign of any Gardai yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgusted_of_Tunbridge_Wells

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

They do the rounds around town at night and first thing at weekends cleaning signs. I've seen them cleaning the Ads on Pearse St at 6am on Saturdays. Same as the city centre window cleaners. So I presume its the same bunch. Avoids traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ian_m wrote: »
    They do the rounds around town at night and first thing at weekends cleaning signs. I've seen them cleaning the Ads on Pearse St at 6am on Saturdays. Same as the city centre window cleaners. So I presume its the same bunch. Avoids traffic.
    The OP was referring to the errection of signage, not the cleaning of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The OP was referring to the errection of signage, not the cleaning of them.

Yep. I was referring to the fact that they operate (ie erect/clean/maintain) at night and early morning to avoid traffic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That particular company also have a long history of <SNIP> erection of advertisements. I don't see them out at night taking down the forty big poster adverts (40 for each horrible 'Metropole' thing according to the planning permission) they are supposed to be taking down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

a health and safety audit has been carried out, will we get to see it?

http://www.dublinpeople.com/content/view/1068/55/

• Advertisement
Advertisement