Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thank god for jimmy carr

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

after yet another total shambles of a performance is was fit to throw the tv out the window but knowing that 8 out of 10 cats was soon to air and that jimmy and the boys would cheer me up made sure it remained on it's pedestal
    this performance was even worse than the villa game. at least villa are a good team. we could have easily lost this game, we gave away enough chances in the first half

this time last year we were screaming for jol's head yet no one seems to question ramos' position. are we going to accept the reality that we are only a mid table team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

dantes74 wrote: »
    are we going to accept the reality that we are only a mid table team

I have, anything more is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

this time last year we were screaming for jol's head yet no one seems to question ramos' position.

Don't think the two situations are similar tbh. Vastly different circumstances.

I definitely think the squad we have is capable of better than it's doing right now, I'd have us on 8pts if we'd played to our ability (and if Ramos had picked the right teams)

It is gonna be an unusual season though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

shane you dissapoint me. on paper we have a team to challange for a lot more. where is it all going wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

i think ramos is picking the right teams but they look like headless chickins on the pitch, like they've nevet played together. it's gotta be down to the coaching. we need somebody like carlos queiroz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

on paper we have a team to challange for a lot more. where is it all going wrong

To be fair mate, I've been believing that for over 20 years and all it's done it break my heart and make me bitter.

I have lowered my expectations now and just hope for the best without getting too excited about it either way, safe in the knowledge that the top 4 is a closed shop and that we will never again be able to buy the best players or out-bid 5 or 6 clubs in the premier league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I dont think we are a mid-table team, we're better than that. But its the manager and coaching staffs responsibility to get the best out of the players that we have, and at the moment thats not happening.

Bentley is an example. Albeit he has only just signed, but he should be the fulcrum of everything we do going forward. Look at last night, I thought he was crap. He gave the ball away something awful.His delivery was crap.
    He's a very good player, but its getting the best from him, and we need it soon.

Im telling ye lads, Juande & Gus need to start producing the goods soon, enough of the excuses, its time to deliver. In 10 or 12 games time, we are still producing the same shi*e, well then I WILL be looking for his head !!!

Advertisement