Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me pick a car!

Options
  • 18-09-2008 10:56pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

I have driven company cars since I first started driving about 10 years ago. I am about to change job and they offer a car allowance with mileage rather than a company car - this means I need to obviously get one myself. I was torn between taking out a lease on a new car or borrowing and buying but I am pretty much settled now on buying.

I am budgeting about 25-30k for a car and want something fast-ish, comfortable and a decent size for a family. I was thinking along the lines of a BMW 5 series, maybe around 2004 or 2005 - seems to be a lot of good value about at the moment. Also, I am coming from a Audi A4 1.8T so would like something that has at least that power or more. If I go with a 5 Series, what should I be looking at in terms of engine size? Any other suggestions for a similar car?

Advertisement